+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Weal gone.

Tom Weal gone.

Notts' head of goalkeeping has left the club. He did a thoroughly brilliant job while at the club, most noticeably playing a pivotal role in John Bostock's goal at Wembley.

I'll certainly miss seeing him run down the touchline to rant at the linesman.

https://x.com/wealy23/status/1791496139314757956

Sounds like he was pushed rather than left of his own accord.

I'm guessing the powers that be weren't that impressed with the goalkeepers last season.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I'm guessing the powers that be weren't that impressed with the goalkeepers last season.
    But I don't suppose he had anything to do with the signing of Stone and Ashby-Hammond so this seems terribly unfair

Sorry to see TW has gone.
    Played a ***** part of the PO final victory.
    Best wishes Tom .

From what we know from the outside this seems disappointing. Wonder if the "management" team and Tom had conflicts of ideas?

Mind you if we got a first class goalkeeper then maybe it doesn't matter so much. Or Mrs Slocombe is going to take over the role

As long has we dont get another shelf stacker from Wealdstone to join the current 3 stooges..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    As long has we dont get another shelf stacker from Wealdstone to join the current 3 stooges..
    'Another' shelf stacker? Who's the other one?

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Notts' head of goalkeeping has left the club. He did a thoroughly brilliant job while at the club, most noticeably playing a pivotal role in John Bostock's goal at Wembley.

I'll certainly miss seeing him run down the touchline to rant at the linesman.

https://x.com/wealy23/status/1791496139314757956
    And working on the penalties we took. Sad to see him go, wonder where he'll end up. I do wonder if the the disastrous choice of bring Stone to the club was his downfall though.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    And working on the penalties we took. Sad to see him go, wonder where he'll end up. I do wonder if the the disastrous choice of bring Stone to the club was his downfall though.
    Surely Montague takes that blame also?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast