713 passes today.
629 accurate.
395 accurate in our half.
234 accurate in Swindon’s half.

It was pretty obvious to the eye that we got stuck when in possession today between the back three, Robertson and Bostock and the stats above would support that.

Maynard is clearly trying to give us a better defensive shape by playing Robertson and Bostock more withdrawn in midfield and if (obviously a big if) you take the two mistakes away today, I’d say we conceded one clear chance; the header against the bar (from memory).

I think we function better with a quarter back style midfielder and two 8’s rather than two sitters. I thought Robertson played this role excellently against Bradford and for the first 45 against Salford but I think overall I’d prefer Bostock in that role. He seems more comfortable at dropping in when Baldwin or Cameron carry the ball (Cameron did this excellently today) and he’s a better passer of the ball.

Robertson looked better in the last 15 when he was giving and going and breaking forward.

I can see a three of Bostock, Robertson and Crowley being an effective and well balanced. Robertson and Crowley as the 8’s with Crowley more attacking and Robertson more of an all-rounder.