+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnie says it has , so I will ask the question...

Warnie says it has , so I will ask the question...

...once again.

Has the p isspot trophy had a negative impact on our promotion push?

Season isn’t over yet.

Probably not. Wigan got as far in the comp except the final and it hasn't affected their promotion push and remember we have been wobbling for months now,even before the MK home disaster.Take away the 'dead cat bounce' victory over Lincoln and we ain't in a good place.
    For the record....I don't like the EFL Trophy and never have and when the U23's were brought in that totally finished it for me.If the final wasn't at Wembley it wouldn't attract 5000.
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 11-04-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Probably not. Wigan got as far in the comp except the final and it hasn't affected their promotion push and remember we have been wobbling for months now,even before the MK home disaster.Take away the 'dead cat bounce' victory over Lincoln and we ain't in a good place.
    For the record....I don't like the EFL Trophy and never have and when the U23's were brought in that totally finished it for me.If the final wasn't at Wembley it wouldn't attract 5000.
    Exactly my feelings about the EFL Trophy. I didn't watch any of the qualifying games and that's why I didn't go to Wembley.
    Winning a trophy should give a club impetus and it certainly doesn't explain why the team hasn't played well since before Christmas.
    The EFL Trophy isn't the problem, the predictable way we play is.

Made no difference whatsoever,if anything I would have thought the early games gave us confidence,considering we were beating everybody by 4 or 5 goals.

If anyone is blaming PJT then you’re just making excuses if owt it should’ve gave them confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Made no difference whatsoever,if anything I would have thought the early games gave us confidence,considering we were beating everybody by 4 or 5 goals.
    And gave valuable game time to the squad.

I have 2 nephews who we occasionally take to games to try and mould them into our next generation of supporter and seeing us win at wembley might have played a huge part in that objective.

Quote Originally Posted by DK_NY View Post
    And gave valuable game time to the squad.

I have 2 nephews who we occasionally take to games to try and mould them into our next generation of supporter and seeing us win at wembley might have played a huge part in that objective.
    There was also other clubs fans at some of these games, Barnsley, both Sheffield clubs believe it or not.
    You probably would see families turn up who wouldn’t normally because they can’t afford league prices every games and generally struggle to find seats together.
    It’s a good competition or used to be but been spoiled by Prem

Yes, that competition, internationals, high press tactics and Roundwood training sessions have knackered the squad

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    ...once again.

Has the p isspot trophy had a negative impact on our promotion push?
    As I stated in a previous post, Sutton United won on Saturday and moved up to within 2 points of the play offs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast