+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Sunday Dinner

OT Sunday Dinner

Did a lamb dinner with Roast tatties, Parsnip Puree and Cauliflower cheese with mozzarella. It is a game changer, lovely and gooey.

As a kid we had a Sunday roast at exactly 2.30pm every Sunday. That tradition seems no more and I have a roast roughly once in every 4-5 Sundays. and dinner is anytime between 2 and 5.

Anyone else still stick to a set time and menu on a Sunday?

I was quite young when I married my first wife and we lived with her parents for a while in Dinnington - It was a set routine every Sunday - Father in law would prep the veg in the morning - be at Silverdales for exactly 12.00 until 2pm playing bingo/ Mini totes and gossiping - Dinner at 3pm sharp, Nap until 6ish

Truth is Scum I can’t be arsed nowadays but like you have one every now and again like you those of a certain age had every Sunday at the same time as a kid
    There’s me the wife and son in our house tend to do summat quick like a shepherd pie them Turkey roll things you can buy or Aldi do basically a pork stew with the veg for a £5 just add some spuds to it and yorkies and jobs a good un!

Have a roast every Sunday. Either Chicken Beef or Lamb. Usually have it between 12.30 & 1pm.

Roast every Sunday, 2pm, I think pubs used to shut at 2, so it stems from that.
    Take it in turns for both daughters and kids to come round.
    They normally rock up at ten to two, as I am plating up .

Lamb is ridiculously expensive nowadays

I don't use Tesco but with club card a 2kg leg of lamb is £13. Unbelievable Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    I don't use Tesco but with club card a 2kg leg of lamb is £13. Unbelievable Jeff.
    Similar price at Morrisons, if you've got a more card.

Vac pac whole legs at £6.50/kg

or £7.50/kg normal price.
    Various weights but most are a bit over 2 kg plus some half legs same offer

I can't see our lass letting me get away with that is leaving her to cook sunday dinner then coming in half pissed having me snap and dozing off in the chair. To be fair that was the culture then. I know mi mum used to dutifully do it while the men folk went down the club to get semi sozzled. Shame on us!

I do the cooking ,our lass is up the pub

Mrs CT and I have settled, in the last decade (and after 48 years of marriage,) into a Sunday regime of an evening roast at about 7.00pm. I prep and clear up after; she cooks. On trays with television. Last night was marinaded porkloin with roast potatoes, peas and butternut squash. It’s comfortable and predictable and tastes fantastic. All we want after an often tempestuous life around the world when Sunday evenings usually meant gremlins brought on by the pressures of work.

This is the way it should be.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast