+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jorden Green

Jorden Green

Barnsley Football Club have cancelled the contract of Jordan Green by mutual consent.

The 25-year-old signed for the Reds from Yeovil Town in January of 2019, going on to make 12 first team appearances for the Club, with his only goal coming against the Southend United in a 3-0 victory in March of the same year.

Whilst under contract, the winger also had stints on loan with both the Shrimpers and Newport County.

Everyone at Oakwell thanks Jordan for his contribution and wish him the best of luck in his future career.

Good luck to him, he might find a career in a lower division.

Remember his goal at Sarfend, put icing ont cake of a very good performance that day wi 10 men. Saw him laik ok against Sunderland at oakwell too but he never really got a look in last 18 months. Best of luck to the lad

Not unexpected. We dunt play with wingers nah.
    So I can see Thomas guin anorl.

It’s a pity this - because there is a really good player here.

I cant follow your rationale on this one Nudger.

Hes played under 3 permanent managers and a temporary one twice and none of them have selected him on a regular basis. Hes gone out on loan twice and cant have come back much improved or he would get in the matchday squad.

Hes 25 now and needs first team football and he apparently isnt good enough to get it with us.

Better he moves on IMO

One of the quickest players I've seen down there but never really nailed a place down .

Good luck Jordan and hope you get fixed up .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I cant follow your rationale on this one Nudger.

Hes played under 3 permanent managers and a temporary one twice and none of them have selected him on a regular basis. Hes gone out on loan twice and cant have come back much improved or he would get in the matchday squad.

Hes 25 now and needs first team football and he apparently isnt good enough to get it with us.

Better he moves on IMO
    Well the bit I’ve seen of him - and admittedly it’s only a bit - then IMO I saw a raw quick strong player with bags of potential.
    All what I can imagine is that he’s not been doing enough in training - or he is considered TOO SMALL and not powerful enough.
    I’m saying this after seeing the current transfer targets - the guy from Standard and the guy from Norwich.
    Both BIG POWERFUL players.
    Luke Thomas and Simoes could also be casualties of this strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Well the bit I’ve seen of him - and admittedly it’s only a bit - then IMO I saw a raw quick strong player with bags of potential.
    All what I can imagine is that he’s not been doing enough in training - or he is considered TOO SMALL and not powerful enough.
    I’m saying this after seeing the current transfer targets - the guy from Standard and the guy from Norwich.
    Both BIG POWERFUL players.
    Luke Thomas and Simoes could also be casualties of this strategy.
    They might be. Simoes might also be a victim of his own attitude.

he's fast all rite just not with the ball led to believe there's 2 others to be released but dunno who.