+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football Stadiums Under Construction

Football Stadiums Under Construction

In the video posted below it takes a look at stadiums that are either new, work in the pipeline or near to completion.

I'm looking forward to going to the new Brentford stadium, league division permitting. The one end behind the goal at Spurs will look massive once completed.

Surprised at the capacity of some of those stadiums. I think Bristol's is supposed to be 28,000? That seems a bit high for a team currently with a 12,000 seat stadium.

Are these stadiums privately funded? Or is there some public money available to them for construction.

I know that here in the States, stadiums are almost always at least partially funded through taxpayer money. Which is ridiculous because the states and cities don't get to keep the same portion of the revenue that they contribute to the stadium. And it's been proven in multiple studies that new stadiums don't increase area revenue significantly, if at all. Can't speak for the UK or other countries though.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Surprised at the capacity of some of those stadiums. I think Bristol's is supposed to be 28,000? That seems a bit high for a team currently with a 12,000 seat stadium.

Are these stadiums privately funded? Or is there some public money available to them for construction.

I know that here in the States, stadiums are almost always at least partially funded through taxpayer money. Which is ridiculous because the states and cities don't get to keep the same portion of the revenue that they contribute to the stadium. And it's been proven in multiple studies that new stadiums don't increase area revenue significantly, if at all. Can't speak for the UK or other countries though.
    West Ham have a great deal for the Olympic stadium, paid £15m towards converting it. They will pay £2.5m each rent, a great deal and tax payers money used.

Many new stadiums over here are often privately funded, but sponsorship deals and naming rights help. Some clubs have mega rich owners who put their money into redevelopment.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)