+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Playing Budget

Playing Budget

I beleive the reason that Crewe are so low down is they rely too much on having a team of youngsters and by that I mean playng a team almost wholly made up of Under 21 year olds. It is my beleif that in any league and in particular in the physical game that is League 2 experience is required and I beleive a player from Conference or Conference north would be much better as they are stronger physically.

I have watched games at this level and they have players who give their all for the club.

With most training sessions now only lasting 3 hours at most per day surely it pays to bring in players who want to play in the professional leagues and will give their all and still work part time as they do in the conference north.

Added to the fact that their is a salary cap where clubs can only pay 55% of the turnover then Crewe might not be the most highest of payers to the the figures which I estimate for Crewe

Average home gate of 3,500 paying £20.00 = £70,000 per home match

£70,000 x 23 home games = £1,610,000 over the season

55% = £885,500

If Crewe have a playing squad of 25 professionals that equates to an average of £35,400 per year or £680.80 a week.

With a budget of £680.80 a week can we ever hope to attract the players we think we deserve at Crewe?

Your calculations are miles out I'm afraid.

Over 2000 of the average attendance comes through ST holders where the average price per game is nearer £13 for an adult than £20, and much less than that for children and seniors.

The biggest chunk of the income by far comes from the FA and FL contributions.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php
    Seems like the transfer money over the years gets included.....Colclough, Clayton, Murphy, Westwood x2,Hanley, Powell. As well as sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by LIVINGINBRUM View Post
    I beleive the reason that Crewe are so low down is they rely too much on having a team of youngsters and by that I mean playng a team almost wholly made up of Under 21 year olds. It is my beleif that in any league and in particular in the physical game that is League 2 experience is required and I beleive a player from Conference or Conference north would be much better as they are stronger physically.

I have watched games at this level and they have players who give their all for the club.

With most training sessions now only lasting 3 hours at most per day surely it pays to bring in players who want to play in the professional leagues and will give their all and still work part time as they do in the conference north.

Added to the fact that their is a salary cap where clubs can only pay 55% of the turnover then Crewe might not be the most highest of payers to the the figures which I estimate for Crewe

Average home gate of 3,500 paying £20.00 = £70,000 per home match

£70,000 x 23 home games = £1,610,000 over the season

55% = £885,500

If Crewe have a playing squad of 25 professionals that equates to an average of £35,400 per year or £680.80 a week.

With a budget of £680.80 a week can we ever hope to attract the players we think we deserve at Crewe?
    The only players, who have made appearances for the first team, still under 21 by the end of the season are Cooper, Kirk, Ainley, Wintle, Cooke, Kiwomya and Lowery. Only Cooper of that group has played most of the games, closely followed by Kiwomya.

For what it's worth, last season the total gate receipts were £812,000. The FA/FL fund contributed £1,592,000.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    For what it's worth, last season the total gate receipts were £812,000. The FA/FL fund contributed £1,592,000.
    The income off gate receipts probably goes to Crewe Alexandra stadia not Crewe Alexandra football club . A different pot