+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think it could be........................

Do you think it could be........................

RoKo's half time talks.

Numerous times this season we have played well in the first half and set our selves up for all three points only to come out and play the second half as a totally different team.

I understand the ups and downs which is Southampton FC but using today as a prime example, how can we play so badly after a fif**** minute break and throw away all the hard work from the first fourty five?

re: Do you think it could be........................

I agree, second half we were once again looking unsettled and couldn't keep the ball.

Like most of us I am a big Koeman fan but the subs he makes are bizarre, for me Mane and Tadic are always a threat and to replace them with two mediocre players especially when Classe was available, who played so well last game, didn't make sense.
    Why he perseveres with Yosh is beyond me!

They put the effort in, just tactically they looked lost and nervous, Westham were not doing much until then but I feel we let them dominate too easily, Romeu couldn't play his usual role being on a yellow so not sure why he wasn't swapped with Classe.

He could have brought on JWP for me to shout at the tele at, wasn't fair Yosh getting all my verbals.

Not knocking him, in RoKo we trust but all three subs were puzzling. It seems he thought he had to rotate the squad because that is what he told the media before the boxing day game? When he brought Gaston on I thought WTFIT? as I haven't seem him in so long and didn't recognise him! Mane and Tadic were playing ok and it looked like subs for the hell of it.

Rockthe, you're lucky, for me the game started at 4:30 am so i'm streeming online with headphones on and unable to cheer or yell at the screen for fear of waking up the whole family. If we ever win anything big again, the family will know, but for now I cheer and yell inside!!

Haha, reminds me of when me and the wife stayed at her sisters in Perth 3 years ago and there was a late kickoff.

I woke them all up and had to watch the next game in silence (ish,) they were gooner fans so I didn't feel too bad.

Let's hope he dips into the January sales!

Relegation form.... ! - view external link

Yes a poor run and a nice little table you've found but it really means squat! We won't go down this season and you won't go up so again it will be a stalemate leaving you floundering where you belong. Fourth division, pretty sad really?

Yep, I've been puzzled by some of his decisions. Had that feeling of deja vu at half time when we missed several good opportunities to nail it. Trouble with Saints, unlike most of our PL rivals, we can't close out a game. We need to score at least twice to win.

That right flank continues to be the problem with both their crappy goals coming from that side. I would like young Jason McCarthy to return from loan. He couldn't do a worse job than what I've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ozsaint1976
    Yes a poor run and a nice little table you've found but it really means squat! We won't go down this season and you won't go up so again it will be a stalemate leaving you floundering where you belong. Fourth division, pretty sad really?
    Touchy touchy.
    That nice little table is a last 6 games form table, and you're in the bottom three hence relegation form, like it or not it's fact.
    As it happens I can't see you going down, you've got a decent team and should be doing better than your current run of results.
    I wasn't going to mention us but as you brought us up, 4th division yes but we're doing ok. A nice little push could see us in the top three, I don't see why we shouldn't be capable of that, fingers crossed eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown
    I wasn't going to mention us but as you brought us up, 4th division yes but we're doing ok. A nice little push could see us in the top three, I don't see why we shouldn't be capable of that, fingers crossed eh!

I won't be crossing mine, Pompey up, Pompey down, who cares? SD I hope you have a happy new year personally but not too much happyness for you club. If you do cross your fingers tight enough you could be playing the likes of Southend, Portvale and Bury next season but my prediction is you'll be beaten by Accrington in the play offs

And a happy new year to you too Oz.
    Keeping those fingers crossed tight could also see us playing Sheff Utd, Coventry and Bolton, and really really tight could see you playing Rotherham, MK Dons and Huddersfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast