+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jordan Rhodes

Jordan Rhodes

Sky sports - `Bowyer says Rhodes is exceptional player but no guarantee he'll be at the club at the end of the transfer window`

i`ve always had the feeling that if bowyer could replace rhodes with a more all round centre forward, he would. these latest comments almost sound as if he`s letting potential interested parties know that he`s available at the right price. seems the contract extension means nothing in terms of him remaining at the club.

re: Jordan Rhodes

Sky sensationalising a certain interview in my eyes for their "Transfer Centre"

Of course every player has his price and it could happen but would take some major money to buy him ..

Here is the Sky audio clip .. funny how they ve edited out the actual question GB was asked and as for the headline ..where in the interview does GB say hes "exceptional" ..?..fcking Sky.. - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by jordan12rhodes
    Sky sports - `Bowyer says Rhodes is exceptional player but no guarantee he'll be at the club at the end of the transfer window`

i`ve always had the feeling that if bowyer could replace rhodes with a more all round centre forward, he would. these latest comments almost sound as if he`s letting potential interested parties know that he`s available at the right price. seems the contract extension means nothing in terms of him remaining at the club.
    Its a way of getting top dollar for him if he where to leave. We will stick a similar value to what McCormack went to Fulham. Its only a champ side he'd go to. I jst cant see him going to a Prem side. He is a top champ striker, not quite good enough for the Prem. If a Prem side has 11m and are prepared to match 50k a week, then they will get him. I cant see that happing. The fear is Jan and FFP where we may not have a choice, but to get shut. At this point we dont need to sell, he is

Quote Originally Posted by champs95

Its a way of getting top dollar for him if he where to leave. We will stick a similar value to what McCormack went to Fulham. Its only a champ side he'd go to. I jst cant see him going to a Prem side. He is a top champ striker, not quite good enough for the Prem. If a Prem side has 11m and are prepared to match 50k a week, then they will get him. I cant see that happing. The fear is Jan and FFP where we may not have a choice, but to get s

Quote Originally Posted by Despair

Its a way of getting top dollar for him if he where to leave. We will stick a similar value to what McCormack went to Fulham. Its only a champ side he'd go to. I jst cant see him going to a Prem side. He is a top champ striker, not quite good enough for the Prem. If a Prem side has 11m and are prepared to match 50k a week, then they will get him. I cant see that happing. The fear is Jan and FFP

it looks like we are set to lose ings,we have never had so many strikers on our books. but when we do i hope we bid for jr, cannot see though! think we will settle for what we have.hope not!

Quote Originally Posted by claret1978
    it looks like we are set to lose ings,we have never had so many strikers on our books. but when we do i hope we bid for jr, cannot see though! think we will settle for what we have.hope not!

Where's Ings off to?

Quote Originally Posted by claret1978
    Thank god for a intelligent posting from a BFC for once .

The signs always were that Ings was maybe looking for a step up if the offer came in. Like all others before him though , he may find it's not all roses elsewhere, cept for the pay!
    As for JR over to you , not gona happen . You would have to match , or more likely better his pay! Plus pay a 10/11 mil fee , as that is what Venkys are looking for.
    Only my opinion, but he ain't worth that. If though he had plied his trade just one season in Prem and managed 17 or so goals, yes maybe.
    You are now in Prem and that is where he is untried.
    For us in second tier, we are very confident of 20 - 25+ goals from him this term. So for us he's a proven must have.

Best of luck for the coming s

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)