+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotion? Ha! More like a relegation fight again.

Promotion? Ha! More like a relegation fight again.

1-1 at home to lowly Alfreton?
    Draws at home are simply not good enough for teams serious about winning promotion.
    Unfortunately for you lot, it looks like we will be trading places at the end of the season.
    Only hope you've got is for the fishmonger to spend a few quid on a some quality signings, but there hasn't been any evidence of that happening either, so another long hard season fighting the drop for the Massive it seems.

re: Promotion? Ha! More like a relegation fight again.

Think you might find we were away! Get your facts right.

Quote Originally Posted by GreasyChipBeattie
    Draws at home are simply not good enough for teams serious about winning promotion.
    Unfortunately for you lot, it looks like we will be trading places at the end of the season.
    Only hope you've got is for the fishmonger to spend a few quid on a some quality signings, but there hasn't been any evidence of that happening either, so another long hard season fighting the drop for the Massive it seems.

How's that 'two weeks assessment' going greasy?
    Iv'e heard our nige has scratched himself bald for a month wondering how he's going to off load all the chaff to pay for a new defence, well you know what they say about the early birds

Quote Originally Posted by GreasyChipBeattie
    I remember the last time we had a poor pre-season result against Alfreton. You lot were ripping into us and one of the numpties on blunts-mad even devoted his username to the result.
    That season saw us gain promotion...

Quote Originally Posted by PenrithOwl
    Think you might find we were away! Get your facts right.
    Oops, sorry PO, I received some duff information.
    Now I realize it was a draw AWAY at lowly Alfreton, I guess that makes you nailed on Champions :-)

Quote Originally Posted by hoothoot

How's that 'two weeks assessment' going greasy?
    Iv'e heard our nige has scratched himself bald for a month wondering how he's going to off load all the chaff to pay for a new defence, well you know what they say about the early birds [/quote]

No need to rush in and make rash purchases Hooters.
    We've got plenty of time yet to wait for this year's crop of over over-hyped, under-sized, haggis-munchers :-S

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder
    I remember the last time we had a poor pre-season result against Alfreton. You lot were ripping into us and one of the numpties on blunts-mad even devoted his username to the result.
    That season saw us gain promotion...[/quote]

OK Hirsty, I'll agree to drop the whole Alfreton thing if you forget about 'that' season. Deal? Please?!

You dropped a MASSIVE boll0ck there Greasy mi owd mate...

There's even a thread about it on your mobs board...

I reckon most that post on your board would take a 14-0 defeat in Pre Season if you got promoted as well...

Get thi act together Greasy!

Quote Originally Posted by braggyowl
    You dropped a MASSIVE boll0ck there Greasy mi owd mate...

There's even a thread about it on your mobs board...

I reckon most that post on your board would take a 14-0 defeat in Pre Season if you got promoted as well...

Get thi act together Greasy!

I know Braggers.
    I saw the headline on our board, checked on t'web to see if it were true and then got a little over excited and posted before checking the full story.
    Story of my life Mate.
    A few comments I remember from my school reports:
    'Needs to concentrate more in class'
    'Easily distracted'
    'If he spent half as much time on his work as he does trying to entertain the class, he'd be a star pupil'!
    That was 40-odd years ago in Primary school.
    Ah well, I'd better start thinking about growing up soon I suppose ;-)
    Had a good summer Braggers?
    Mrs Greasy and I went to Turkey for 10 eventful nights.
    The Tunisia thing kicked off while we were there whic

haha..I was getting reports like that at my very first school Greasy..Never mind the Primary..I was only a spunk bubble at The Church of England school at Carbrook anall!

Chuffin ell mate that holiday dunt sound too great but at least it was a break for you and Mrs. G...Must have been horrible for you both though with what went off in Tunisia..Always in the back of your mind thinking "is it gonna happen to us next, here"..

Terrible turn of events that mate.

All we've got to look forward to this year is a week in Brid..Had a new kitchen a few weeks ago and went way over budget with it..But the wife's happy with it (and it keeps her quiet for a while) so that'll do for me!

Look after yourself Greasy and all the best to your Mrs. and the rest of your family..

No doubt we'll both be tearing strips off each other in month or so on here but it's all good fun with you...And everyone on this board knows that.

Tek care pal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)