+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The NRA and the USA

The NRA and the USA

43 people were shot in Chicago over the Labour day weekend. 43!!! and 7 fatally but still the NRA come out and say there is no need for tighter gun control. It just boggles my mind that Celebs can front up supporting the NRA and the old chestnut of the right to bare arms. Sometimes it feels like the USA is rotting from the inside out. A decaying stagnant mess and a mere shadow of its former brilliance. Out of control guns, corporations yielding the power over people and controlling government via campaign funding, sick people dying because insurance over rules the Doctors oath and companies like Monsanto gaining control over food via it's GMO seeds that are deemed safe by the FDA after 30 days of in-house testing and who's results are not for public consumption. Land of the free? The United States represents 4.4 percent of the world's population but houses 22 percent of the world's prisoners some 2,220,300 of them. Decayed cities like Detroit and literally hundreds of Ghost towns destr

re: The NRA and the USA

Oh stinking bat balls sorry Stateside. Stupid forum I keep forgetting to change it to tavern even though I'm already in there.

I forgive you Oz.

I can't understand America's continuing stance of gun laws? It took us Port Arthur, and we made some huge changes.

As far as their food, towns, health....... the rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer

Wrong board oz

I know I will regret posting this, but I have alway felt safer here in the States than in Birmingham. Just going up town in a car, when you park and then go off to do your thing and return to your car you were always aware of the stories of a kid sitting on your car and when you get there and confront him his friends come out of the woodwork and mug you. The footie fans and the violence I was always on edge.

Over here, I've never really run into any trouble. I think being from a tough city has helped, but really it has never been an issue.

I've rarely if ever seen anyone carrying a gun, of course if its concealed how would you know.

I was in Chicago last week before the Sunderland game. Not a spot of bother except a massive protest against something, idk what, that made us miss a bus that made us late for the train to the airport. I saw some pretty bad areas on a bus tour, but having said that twice in those areas I saw 2 gorgeous looking girls walking alone in the dark. If

Outstanding, Bongo. Good contribution considering I'd obviously noticed that already.

Unfortunately Stateside personal experience is not a benchmark of the health of a nation. 43 folks getting shot in one city over the coarse of a single weekend is truly frightening. With regards to Celebs you've just had a rapper come out voicing his support for guns and the NRA. There are plenty of Celebs that support the NRA by being members. By being a member you support their policies in derailing any attempts to bring in tighter gun control. The 2nd amendment must be one of the most abused pieces of legislation ever penned. Wasn't the original intention to stave off attempted disarming by the British and their loyalists against the patriots?

Safe here in Oz.
    Unless you venture out into nature.
    Imagine your a shark swimming near Mick Fanning.

And don't get me started on drop bears

Oz. you know what is funny in a not a ha ha funny way, but if you google 43 shot in Chicago there is an entire page of different weekends. Looks like 43 is a pretty constant number up there.

Glad it's not that bad here, but it still happens. Unfortunately, mostly this happens in the poorest areas, although this weekend an ex football star was shot in Ybor district of Tampa where all the younger crowd club on the weekends. That place is not a safe place in the early hours of the morning 1-3am.

I've never felt the need to have a gun, but it is very weird that when someone wants to take away your right to own something it makes you want it. Kind of like prohibition I suppose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)