+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Wilson

Harry Wilson

Just seen on the Os site that Harry Wilson a striker from Liverpool has joined us but then the article mysteriously disappeared. Excited if he does join.Youngest player to make debut for Wales.

re: Harry Wilson

Quite an exciting prospect it seems. It will be interesting to see the formation if and when he makes the first 11 - who moves around and who goes up front if this lad is the winger we missed last Saturday. Yet another reason for a trip to Wigan.

Looks very good. The new Gareth Bale! However, I would have preferred him to be a LB, a position we need to fill. Please to have Wilson though, welcome to Crewe!

Very highly thought of at Liverpool, a good signing. Just wonder who he is going to replace. Is the reason we didn't sign Coulibaly is that he would be in the way of our players development??

I thought the reason SD gave for not signing Coulibaly was due to his similarity to Ryan Colclough?

Always good to have a new signing on board, but this lad has no league experience so whether he'll improve us is an unknown.

From an outsiders perspective, it seems an odd signing. Ive read the debate on here about your academy with interest, and my own view is that it would be madness (suicidal) for crewe to scrap it. But ive also read about what excellent prospects the likes of Saunders, cooper and colclough are. Surely developing another clubs player who is the same age defeats the point? I know ill probably get grief for saying it, it just seems odd. Would have thought that using loans for more experience like tate, or something totally different to what you already have, like Uche, would make more sense?

I would agree, it does seem odd however I think Wilson is a bit further on than the likes of Saunders Cooper etc. and I think we need a bit more depth in the Squad, i.e. Haber will be away after the Wigan game.

Couldn't agree more , and with a Vale fan of all people. This signings just made me angry.

I genuinely don't care how good this player is, we currently have 3 young wingers who have all individually shown enough quality to play in the first team and develop and we're giving their chance to another clubs player. Just like we did last season and just like we did the season before that, how can these lads develop?

It also begs the question which outfield young player has Davis developed? The only one I can see any argument for is Ray and Davis.

Dennis Smith was right all the best kids go to Premiership clubs they dont come to Crewe anymore times have moved on,so is this an admission by the club our kids are just not good enough or even ready. Liverpool, Everton Man Und have loads of them waiting in the wings,in this area.

This is quite correct, But the chances of young players making the grade with these clubs is fairly remote. And us signing someone like Wilson who may or may not be better than any of our own kids (a quote I have heard is that he is further in in his development than Saunders et al) means that if he doesn't have a future at Liverpool then he may (a big question mark I know given out wage structure) opt to sign for us when his contract with his current club expires. If that were to happen and he turns out to be a marketable talent we may turn a profit on him. If none of this happens we get to see a good player playing for us and I see it as more of a help to our own kids than a hindrance. Just my view. I think the loan system needs looking at and possibly a restriction of 2 loan players per club could be imposed with the possible exception of the goal keeping position where an emergency loan would be allowed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast