+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we be league leaders by Christmas?

Can we be league leaders by Christmas?

It looks like the team are getting their act together. Can we be table top by Christmas?
    What adjustments do we need to make?

re: Can we be league leaders by Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimyLimey
    It looks like the team are getting their act together. Can we be table top by Christmas?
    What adjustments do we need to make?

League posistion?

For me we've not looked good enough to beat the top sides in the league yet. We clearly have the players, it's all about how Clements sets us up and gets us playing. We'll need to improve hugely to be top by Xmas, but we seem to be going in the right direction. We also need to keep Thorne fit as much as we can. Thorne=lynchpin.

'Can' we? Yes of course we can. Whether we will be is a different matter. Top at Christmas doesn't matter anyway...top just after Easter, now that'd be very nice.

How about a hat trick............. Leaders at Christmas, Easter & end of season............ Now that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by triz
    For me we've not looked good enough to beat the top sides in the league yet. We clearly have the players, it's all about how Clements sets us up and gets us playing. We'll need to improve hugely to be top by Xmas, but we seem to be going in the right direction. We also need to keep Thorne fit as much as we can. Thorne=lynchpin.

Triz is correct. if you look at the statistical tables produced by Experimental 3-6-1 that I posted last Friday prior to the Brentford home game, you will see at least 3 other sides that are "better" than Derby. The team that those tables show are ahead of the rest are Reading...they allow the opposition very few shots, and hence do not concede many, and their attack is more efficient than ours ie score more goals with fewer shots required. This is effectively showing that they are "in charge" for long periods of their games and if they continue in this vein - and that is no means certain..but if

We have had a slow start and as you say we are work in progress. I predict by Christmas that we will be there are thereabouts.

We seem to be clicking.....we are also very hard to beat which is great - we are becoming a robust machine. Defensive frailties are not showing like before. In terms of midfield we will start to dominate teams more than ever as the likes of Johnson get even more familiar with their teammates.

Yes, statistically others are better based on the performances thus far, but they've had stability. The upheaval we've had was going to be a risk and would potentially take some time to adjust.....IMO we've seen this and now we are starting to see us move in the right direction. We have the clout to strengthen in January if needed and the gravitas to attract quality loans if we have too. The machine will become a juggernaut by next year.

Teams that play badly and get the results are the teams that will be gunning for promotion. I look at every team we play and the

Bloody well hope so. I have a few bob on us winning it this season

Christmas market leaders i would think so .

I've more than a couple of bob OTR and it's nice to see us just off the pace with further improvement surely to come

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)