+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Specially for navypie

Specially for navypie

Enzio Boldewijn feels he has a point to prove to Notts County’s supporters.

The Dutchman is into his second campaign at Meadow Lane and has scored three times in the early part of 2019-20 but isn’t completely satisfied with what he’s produced so far.

And after suffering relegation last season, the winger feels he has much more to show the Notts faithful, which is what kept him going during a turbulent summer.

“I think I can do much better,” admitted Boldewijn. “I’ve let myself and a lot of others down.

“I haven’t shown what I can do often enough so I wanted to stay here and prove everyone wrong after a tough season – that made it easy for me to stay motivated.

“I came here for a reason – the club. I want to do well for Notts County and win things here.”

You and I can't wait to see the new Enzio !!
    Last edited by americanpie; 13-09-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post

The Dutchman is into his second campaign at Meadow Lane and has scored three times in the early part of 2019-20 but isn’t completely satisfied with what he’s produced so far.

And after suffering relegation last season, the winger feels he has much more to show the Notts faithful, which is what kept him going during a turbulent summer.

“I think I can do much better,” admitted Boldewijn. “I’ve let myself and a lot of others down.

“I haven’t shown what I can do often enough so I wanted to stay here and prove everyone wrong after a tough season – that made it easy for me to stay motivated.

“I came here for a reason – the club. I want to do well for Notts County and win things here.”

A West Indian chap stops me the other day when he notices the Notts badge on my jacket and tells me he went to Sutton. So I asks him if he's a Notts fan as well. Not really came the reply but I go to a lot of games with a bloke I work with. Anyway, we get chatting about the game and Notts players in general, guess what player he thinks is, and I quote " absolute rubbish" . Thought I would mention he was West Indian so faceache doesn't just bat it off as just another racist.

ps. If the bloke he went to Sutton with reads this board, well ,your mate feels conned, he thought Sutton was near Birmingham. 'Four hours it took us' !
    Last edited by navypie; 13-09-2019 at 04:17 PM.

I'm excited, it feels like we've signed a new player, what really gets me in a positive mood is that he knows he's let us all down and he can just decide to change, like he knows he wasn't giving it 100% but now he can be bothered ,top man just the kind of character we've been crying out for at Notts

So basically he's admitting he's been cr@p.All this time I thought it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I think it was both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think it was both of you.
    Who the fcuk asked you!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Hallelujah! Praise the gods at the National League. Born Again Footballer. Will never put a foot wrong again! I can't wait to be converted by this reformed sinner of sloth and misplaced pride.

He's not "admitting to previously being lazy but now he's going to try"... If you watch the interview he says he wasn't fit after his injury and came back too soon because we were doing sh*te and he couldn't contribute from the stands.

Seems legit to me considering he was by far our best player before his injury whether you liked him or not, his goals and assists (much like so far this season) were more than anyone else had contributed and we'd have been far worse off than we were if not for the points he got us.

I think if Notts published some "distance covered" stats some fans would be fairly surprised to see how much running he actually does

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    He's not "admitting to previously being lazy but now he's going to try"... If you watch the interview he says he wasn't fit after his injury and came back too soon because we were doing sh*te and he couldn't contribute from the stands.

Seems legit to me considering he was by far our best player before his injury whether you liked him or not, his goals and assists (much like so far this season) were more than anyone else had contributed and we'd have been far worse off than we were if not for the points he got us.

I think if Notts published some "distance covered" stats some fans would be fairly surprised to see how much running he actually does
    Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post

Well im glad he can run a lot because his crossing passing heading and tackling stats are dogshi*
    and as for contribution he has 3 goals and 0 assists in ten non league games so far, he has two yellow cards though so with a bit of luck he might be on for a suspension by xmas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast