+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with Dane Murphy

Q & A with Dane Murphy

My refund on season tickets will be with me in seven working days. I’m not putting money in, to save a business for someone else to make millions out of when they can’t put any in themselves. Call made. Done.
    Last edited by Jules88; 12-06-2020 at 02:10 PM.

This sentence did it for me.
    “That’s on me as CEO and other members of our board and executive to figure out what elements can we put forward or navigate to bring in revenue that we have lost in the past three or four months to basically negate the need for the owners to put in cash – their own personal equity – at any point.”

At any point ! So neither will I

Is it just me, I just cant be bothered listening to the guff they spout out of Oakwell.

Ill read a summary if anyone puts one up otherwise good luck Dane. There will be a job for you at Ostend or one of their other clubs if we go bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    My refund on season tickets will be with me in seven working days. I’m not putting money in, to save a business for someone else to make millions out of when they can’t put any in themselves. Call made. Done.
    I agree Jules. Did you call at the box office or apply online?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Is it just me, I just cant be bothered listening to the guff they spout out of Oakwell.

Ill read a summary if anyone puts one up otherwise good luck Dane. There will be a job for you at Ostend or one of their other clubs if we go bust.
    Yeh please do the feed wouldn't work on my device .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Tha not alone Ethel.

Somebody once said..

'Summats not reight darn theear'

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    I agree Jules. Did you call at the box office or apply online?
    Phone. No arguement. Feel crap.
    Seems we own the emotion, they own the profit. The statement may as well have said “get YOUR money in to save our business and our profit cow, ( even though you may be able to see nowt, but Put it in quick, or we off in July and you won’t see nowt anyway”

I regret renewing in the first place. But when the “Shirt raffle” occurred ( when it was a free shirt promised), No phone call for SB, and the statement came out today I thought that’s me done. We will pick and choose games now. If this club fails it will be because it was sold to the wrong people, and it hasn't been shown the respect it deserves by the current owner who can buy another club, in these hard times, yet can’t thoil to shore up the one they have

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Phone. No arguement. Feel crap.
    Seems we own the emotion, they own the profit. The statement may as well have said “get YOUR money in to save our business and our profit cow, ( even though you may be able to see nowt, but Put it in quick, or we off in July and you won’t see nowt anyway”

I regret renewing in the first place. But when the “Shirt raffle” occurred ( when it was a free shirt promised), No phone call for SB, and the statement came out today I thought that’s me done. We will pick and choose games now. If this club fails it will be because it was sold to the wrong people, and it hasn't been shown the respect it deserves by the current owner who can buy another club, in these hard times, yet can’t thoil to shore up the one they have
    These decisions aren't the easiest to make by any means despite knowing your head is telling you the truth because the heart then pulls you in the other direction .

However we all come to a line , it's just a question of where that personal line is , mine was Daniel Stendel leaving the club and the treatment he received from the club during his tenure and afterwards .

This isn't going to end well for any of us but things are coming to a head now , what will be will be .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast