+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How do you fancy 60 miles per hour on Motorway?

How do you fancy 60 miles per hour on Motorway?

Government is now look at trials of making the motorway 60 miles per hour to apparently reduce pollution. So, if I had an electric car that produces no pollution can I drive at 70? They know what kind of car you have by the D.V.L.A database linked to all their camera system don't they?' Try not paying road tax and you will soon find out what they know about. Well of course you can't because it all about more control and less and less travel for you. More U.N agenda 30 coming up folks. Everyday a little more control is applied to some aspect of your life. It was not long ago they were thinking about increasing the limit to 80; alas those days are gone, now the climate Nazis are running the show. I really hate the direction things generally are going in this country. it so downbeat and authoritarian

Mate I have no idea how a government can take away so much freedom and choice of individualism in eight months.

I knew if Blow Job got in to Downing Street it would be a proper sh-itfest, but I had no idea it would be this bad.

BT, I can't believe how fast the change in this country is going on almost all aspects of your life. Hell, they even want you be vegan now.

I did a daytime 290 mile trip late last year - 270 of it was on the motorway....foot down when I got a free road - the time it took, with all the roadworks - slow traffic - speed limit enforcement cameras etc....worked out at a mind numbing average of 42mph.
    All they're after - is to squeeze us by restriction into submission, to reach a point where doing becomes so time consuming and exasperatingly dreary , that it just wont be worth the doing of it - its just an underhand way of them wiping the slate clean for a next level kafkaesque bureaucratically surveilled nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    I really hate the direction things generally are going in this country. it so downbeat and authoritarian
    You are NOT on your own Dave

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)