+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Longstaffs

The Longstaffs

The Longstaffs have seemingly regressed so much under cabbage heed so my question is this.Do you feel that they could both benefit/learn from Willock in terms of energy & positional play - particularly supporting the front 1 or 2.It seems strange suggesting they potentially learn from someone so young but here we have a player of similar age who appears to be a perfect fit.Alternatively are they a different type of midfielder who concentrate more on defensive qualities ? I personally feel that if they work closely together in training, we may see the old Longstaffs back.Here's hoping.

From the rumours you hear, they can't stand Bruce and he knows it. Given that they're local lads, stuff is bound to come out-the whole a mate of a mate knows their cousin type of thing but I've heard it from two separate sources. Could both be wrong but I have no difficulty believing it.

For what it's worth, I feel some folk are way too harsh on them, especially Sean. You know what I think-properly coached they could be mainstays of our midfield for years so aye, maybe Jones can help get them back on track. If Bruce stays he'll ruin them.

Arsenal wil play f.u.c.k. if he goes back there Brucied.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    From the rumours you hear, they can't stand Bruce and he knows it. Given that they're local lads, stuff is bound to come out-the whole a mate of a mate knows their cousin type of thing but I've heard it from two separate sources. Could both be wrong but I have no difficulty believing it.

For what it's worth, I feel some folk are way too harsh on them, especially Sean. You know what I think-properly coached they could be mainstays of our midfield for years so aye, maybe Jones can help get them back on track. If Bruce stays he'll ruin them.
    Don’t blame them for disliking Bruce,he’s certainly got his favourites. On the other hand I don’t get the hype around them,IMO they are average,and we’ve got plenty of them. On the plus they are both young so will improve if given the right environment,Willock looks about 2 seasons ahead of them.

I agree...benefits of good coaching.

I think Sean has regressed since the Man Utd rumours, he had only played a handfull of games and something like £50M was being touted for him. I actually like the lad, Bruce obviously does not rate either of them and im sure the feeling is mutual.

Matty has lots of energy and was coming on quite nicely, had reassurances from Bruce so he signed a new contract and has well and truly been shafted by cabbage heed. The lad never gets a game, is behind the useless Shelvey and Hendrick and now has a kid from another club brought in ahead of him.

We should have been doing everything possible to develop these lads to their full potential and try to have a team built around them,
    Shelvey is the laziest player i have ever seen, Hendrick should never be anywhere near the club and now we are giving another clubs kid game time above ours.

Bruce oot

Agreed Tanya.

They have regressed alot and it's gutting to see, especially when we all know why.

We need to get rid of Bruce and someone that can support their growth.

I personally do rate them more than average but they will end up average under Bruce, cannot blame them for not liking him either.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    I think Sean has regressed since the Man Utd rumours, he had only played a handfull of games and something like £50M was being touted for him. I actually like the lad, Bruce obviously does not rate either of them and im sure the feeling is mutual.

Matty has lots of energy and was coming on quite nicely, had reassurances from Bruce so he signed a new contract and has well and truly been shafted by cabbage heed. The lad never gets a game, is behind the useless Shelvey and Hendrick and now has a kid from another club brought in ahead of him.

We should have been doing everything possible to develop these lads to their full potential and try to have a team built around them,
    Shelvey is the laziest player i have ever seen, Hendrick should never be anywhere near the club and now we are giving another clubs kid game time above ours.

Bruce oot
    The fact that they have regressed and not by their own fault points the finger directly at Cabbageheed.

Just think money-wise what they were supposed to be worth when the rumours were flying and compare that to what Bruce is worth to the club also taking into account that if Jones takes over from Bruce and redevelops the lads what they will become to be worth to the club retained as assets.

It just doesn't bear thinking about.

If Bruce stays on another season, God forbid, I would advise the brothers to go look for new clubs. Find a decent club with a decent coach and get yourselves some playing time.

Footballers don't have long careers. It's not worth it for them wasting away as reserves under Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    The Longstaffs have seemingly regressed so much under cabbage heed so my question is this.Do you feel that they could both benefit/learn from Willock in terms of energy & positional play - particularly supporting the front 1 or 2.It seems strange suggesting they potentially learn from someone so young but here we have a player of similar age who appears to be a perfect fit.Alternatively are they a different type of midfielder who concentrate more on defensive qualities ? I personally feel that if they work closely together in training, we may see the old Longstaffs back.Here's hoping.
    I don’t think either of them are good enough for the Premiership their both far too slow. I’ve seen milk turn faster than them two

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)