+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: LESSONS LEARNED ...... Bornmuf away

LESSONS LEARNED ...... Bornmuf away

We have a good team that can beat anyone in this league - but those players that occasionally play need to up their game.
    I like both Williams and Chaplin but both had a poor game today.
    Especially Williams who looked confused and timid. He probably hasn’t had the game time to bring him up to speed.
    All our problems came down our left hand side.

That’s until Styles comes on and becomes MOTM - best player on the field by a country mile when he came.
    So then .... for this high energy pressing style we need ALL our players to have the same impact.
    Very happy this evening because we won - but concerned that if we get injuries or suspensions we could struggle.

There were a couple of individual mistakes in the first half that cost us the two goals .

However it doesn't define them as players and they will have a part to play in the remaining games and possibly post season .

We as supporters need to stick with the whole group and remind ourselves that we are massively over-achieving this season .

What ever happens from today this as being a monumental effort .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There were a couple of individual mistakes in the first half that cost us the two goals .

However it doesn't define them as players and they will have a part to play in the remaining games and possibly post season .

We as supporters need to stick with the whole group and remind ourselves that we are massively over-achieving this season .

What ever happens from today this as being a monumental effort .
    Hit nail on eeard Animal. It's a squad effort. Although Ismael correctly subbed Williams at aif time I also noticed that Ismael gave young Williams a gesture of reassurance during the first aif from the sidelines. As Nudger sez, its probably a lack of game time with Williams but the lads who were subbed sometimes need a reminder that better standard is required. It waint do them no harm to mull that over and come back with a point to prove

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Hit nail on eeard Animal. It's a squad effort. Although Ismael correctly subbed Williams at aif time I also noticed that Ismael gave young Williams a gesture of reassurance during the first aif from the sidelines. As Nudger sez, its probably a lack of game time with Williams but the lads who were subbed sometimes need a reminder that better standard is required. It waint do them no harm to mull that over and come back with a point to prove
    Pass , I had concerns when the starting line up was announced .

It wasn't Jordan Williams that concerned me it was the lack of a forward who could hold that ball up especially away from home against a very good championship players .

I'd have no issues what so ever starting Jordan Williams but the side has to be set up right to begin with and I felt today it probably wasn't .

Either Morris , Dike or Victor have to start for me because they retain the ball up there and that's why Bournemouth broke on us in the first half .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Pass , I had concerns when the starting line up was announced .

It wasn't Jordan Williams that concerned me it was the lack of a forward who could hold that ball up especially away from home against a very good championship players .

I'd have no issues what so ever starting Jordan Williams but the side has to be set up right to begin with and I felt today it probably wasn't .

Either Morris , Dike or Victor have to start for me because they retain the ball up there and that's why Bournemouth broke on us in the first half .
    Fair point but thaz also got bear in mind that we were laikin a passing side today which was in Ismaels thoughts regarding the starting line up with lack of physical presence up top imo. I was surprised too but I am always open to changing things, it dint work today in the first aif but I could see why Ismael did it

His halftime team talk was inspirational, " we don't want to travel 5 hours to lose the game".
    You can see the team spirit, he hugged every player at the end. Big Val is s fighter and this has rubbed off on the team. 5 minutes from time Dike is chasing the ball down wins a throw in and gives a first pump as if he has scored a goal. What a fantastic attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    His halftime team talk was inspirational, " we don't want to travel 5 hours to lose the game".
    You can see the team spirit, he hugged every player at the end. Big Val is s fighter and this has rubbed off on the team. 5 minutes from time Dike is chasing the ball down wins a throw in and gives a first pump as if he has scored a goal. What a fantastic attitude
    Absolutely Nozzer. Those lost causes like what Dike chased down to win the throw epitomised what this team is about