+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking on the bright side

Looking on the bright side

Looking on the bright side, if Dagenham win at Solihull we still have an outside chance of 4th. (and a very slim possibility of 8th)

But also looking on the bright side, if Dagenham fail to win we are in the playoffs. (plus an even slimmer possibility of 4th if they draw)

Which would you go for? I'll go for the first

Dagenham winning has to be preferred. If we fail to get the point we need in 2 games then we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. It would be great to still be in with chance of 4th on the last day, a home tie v D&R or Chesterfield a more attractive proposition than home or away v Grimsby. Personally I think Solihull will get the point they need from the last 2 and we’ll be playing Grimsby.

I don’t see much hangs on that game. We only need a point for the playoffs and there’s little advantage to finishing 4th over 5th.
    It’s the Chesterfield and Grimsby games that are important as they can still finish ahead of us and force an away game.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I don’t see much hangs on that game. We only need a point for the playoffs and there’s little advantage to finishing 4th over 5th.
    It’s the Chesterfield and Grimsby games that are important as they can still finish ahead of us and force an away game.
    All we need Notts to do is win their last 2, the rest will sort itself out.

Notts finishing 6th or 7th from the position we've been in with the run in we've had would be like kicking off and scoring an own goal to gift the opposition a head start.

Notts need to win these two remaining games to guarantee 5th, though even then Grimsby could still overtake us on GD - but they'd have to win all three games.

Would the result v Torquay in the play off semi-final last season have bee the same had that fixture been played at Meadow Lane? I say probably not.

Notts are decent at home and have to make sure they have that advantage in the QF.