+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come Sunderland have 46 players listed ?

How come Sunderland have 46 players listed ?

If you go on their retained list there is 46 players listed not including their first and second year trainees ! You were only supposed to have 23 outfield players plus goalkeepers ? I recall it was similar at Sheff Wednesday as well !!

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    If you go on their retained list there is 46 players listed not including their first and second year trainees ! You were only supposed to have 23 outfield players plus goalkeepers ? I recall it was similar at Sheff Wednesday as well !!
    Because they are massive

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    You can have as many players as you want,but only name a certain sized squad pool what Ever it is it 23 or 25…

Thought you could have as many (under 21's ?) in the squad that you wanted

No wonder they are in such debt with that many players. Why would you retain such a large number?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    No wonder they are in such debt with that many players. Why would you retain such a large number?
    Because they are massive

More to the point, any of em.any good for us?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    More to the point, any of em.any good for us?
    Wouldn't mind having that young Clarke from spurs that Sunderland had on loan last year.

Just goes to show, he hardly played for Leeds first team at all and Spurs snapped him up for a cool £10 million.

I fancy Sunderland to have another good season next season and maybe under Neil get promoted again. He did it with Norwich in the championship. They will be able to attract and afford top players.
    We by contrast need to get our recruitment spot on. Half a dozen Ollie Rathbone types will be required if we have any chance of survival

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    I fancy Sunderland to have another good season next season and maybe under Neil get promoted again. He did it with Norwich in the championship. They will be able to attract and afford top players.
    We by contrast need to get our recruitment spot on. Half a dozen Ollie Rathbone types will be required if we have any chance of survival
    Well he is still not signing his own players on as yet with the likes of Gooch stalling on a new contract ? It seems that nearly all players play hard ball these days ? You would think going up a division and being offered a much better contract they would be very keen to sign it ! That Bailey Wright was rumoured to be on 13 K a week, wages or out of all proportion these days ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast