+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today’s Home Supporters

Today’s Home Supporters

We were very much behind the team with good support from all stands, particularly first half. Defensively solid, maybe ‘overkill’ to avoid another early goal concession. Unfortunate not to score, hitting the post and their keeper saving well, rewarded with decent applause at the end of the first half.
    As the second half progressed, we deteriorated and Luton pressed. Early substitutions necessary (Livermore and Philips) but no sign from Bruce.
    Eventually, and in my opinion much overdue, changes are made but Asante and Grady (and Philips) replaced ? The former two had both given 100% and been subject to some strong tackles and fouls….an immediate crowd reaction understandably turning aggressive and hammering Bruce, calling for his dismissal.
    I can only assume both Asante and Grady were injured ? But late to make the changes in any event.
    Full time booing was sadly inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    We were very much behind the team with good support from all stands, particularly first half. Defensively solid, maybe ‘overkill’ to avoid another early goal concession. Unfortunate not to score, hitting the post and their keeper saving well, rewarded with decent applause at the end of the first half.
    As the second half progressed, we deteriorated and Luton pressed. Early substitutions necessary (Livermore and Philips) but no sign from Bruce.
    Eventually, and in my opinion much overdue, changes are made but Asante and Grady (and Philips) replaced ? The former two had both given 100% and been subject to some strong tackles and fouls….an immediate crowd reaction understandably turning aggressive and hammering Bruce, calling for his dismissal.
    I can only assume both Asante and Grady were injured ? But late to make the changes in any event.
    Full time booing was sadly inevitable
    Hi, Bruce has just said that both Asante and Grady had taken bad knocks and had run themselves into the ground.

Cheers soulman buddy. I guess that explains his choice. I wish he had reacted earlier though.

Apathy seems to be like a disease at our club. Even today on radio stations fans were saying at least we looked solid etc blah blah.Bruce ain’t going anywhere and there’s nowt we can do. Don’t let us be an impotent fan base , let’s keep pressure on Gourlay liar etc.I’m in Portugal and so pissed off . Feel despair myself to be honest. How have we got here.

Without a win today, it was all going to be under the microscope.
    We no doubt have to await the next match.
    A sorry state of affairs

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Cheers soulman buddy. I guess that explains his choice. I wish he had reacted earlier though.
    Good assessment Prando, can’t lack the effort just the quality and coaching.

We have the most compliant, easily lead, non confrontational fans in the country.

Oh for the Woking days when they knew how to rebel.

Too many now afraid to lose their favourite season ticket spot if they refuse to renew.

People need to understand the reality of the situation and to find the resolve to stay at home until Lai goes.

It won’t make an iota of difference going to the matches, we will finish where we finish regardless.

I am amazed the crowds are as big as they are.

I read somewhere that today’s attendance was about 21,000, it didn’t look like that on the TV, there were lots of empty seats!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I read somewhere that today’s attendance was about 21,000, it didn’t look like that on the TV, there were lots of empty seats!
    Hi ,they include all season ticket holders (18k) whether they attend or not.
    5 die hard regulars behind me didn't come today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)