+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Cruelty to snooker balls...!

O/T:- Cruelty to snooker balls...!

I see the campaigners are at the snooker now...!!..
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-04-2023 at 09:16 PM.

I'm sure the 'Just Stop Oil' lot have won thousands more hearts and minds with that little display of stupidity. Or perhaps not.

I've got no problem with the right to protest, but if you're seeking to bring about policy change then you need a means of protest that brings the public onside with your cause, not one that annoys and alienates them.
    Last edited by jackal2; 17-04-2023 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm sure the 'Just Stop Oil' lot have won thousands more hearts and minds with that little display of stupidity. Or perhaps not.

I've got no problem with the right to protest, but if you're seeking to bring about policy change then you need a means of protest that brings the public onside with your cause, not one that annoys and alienates them.
    I suppose if you're a protester, you wanna get your message out to the widest possible audience. But in doing so, AND ruining the event you choose to protest at, you pi5h far more people off than you are ever gonna convert to the cause. Bit of a double edged sword there. Mind, you never see the “gilets jaunes” climbing on a snooker table and they seem pretty effective.

If you are against animal cruelty you might raid a meat processing plant.

If you are protesting civil liberty you might do a protest at the houses of parliament.

If you are against fossil fuels you jump on a table at the world snooker final......?????????

Could someone explain what they were protesting about and the relevance to snooker.

If you’re trying to draw attention to a cause(or a climate crisis) disrupting one of the most watched tv events of the year seems like a good way of going about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If you’re trying to draw attention to a cause(or a climate crisis) disrupting one of the most watched tv events of the year seems like a good way of going about it.

Yes, I can just imagine the millions that have signed up to their cause after that exhibition. Almost as effective as the latest Bud Light and Nike marketing campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Yes, I can just imagine the millions that have signed up to their cause after that exhibition. Almost as effective as the latest Bud Light and Nike marketing campaigns.
    I didn’t see the bit where he was trying to get people to ‘sign up’ for something.

Of course you didn’t, I would imagine he/she/they/it/saucepan is trying to garner some support though. No doubt you stood cheering in your orange boxer shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Of course you didn’t, I would imagine he/she/they/it/saucepan is trying to garner some support though. No doubt you stood cheering in your orange boxer shorts.
    Why are you thinking about me in my boxer shorts? Pervert.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast