+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neill Collins it is then …

Neill Collins it is then …

If the board thinks he was the best candidate then that will do for me 👍
    He gets my full support.

If it had been Charles Bronson, you’d have said just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    If it had been Charles Bronson, you’d have said just the same.
    Exactly.

Tha can't criticise his managerial record cos he aint got one. I don't count the USA.

Just evvin a lie down in a dark room.

Tampa fqn Bay Rowdies ! A carnt speyk.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 06-07-2023 at 12:50 PM.

Probably a friend of Jaq and her husband in america, Untried as a nanager in england, no management experience at this level, will do as he is told and cheap as chips!!!
    Sacked before Christmas with us nearer the foot of the table than the top.

Nobody with any street cred wouldn't even consider the job how can you take on the job when you don't know what squad you've got with decent players leaving and what the replacement are going to be
    one big summer fkup

Let’s hope he’s has good a manager as that other Collins.
    Bobby Collins.

Well I will buck the trend on here, I am actually pleasantly surprised by this lad & actually think he will do well . I have read about his career , his style of play etc coupled with the fact that he played locally for quite a while & will know our area & people, plus he will have quite an extensive knowledge of the EFL , although I expect him to get the usual negativity off our fan base I see that as a good grounding & a test of his character & he certainly appears to know how to fight both his & his players corner, interesting times ahead & will certainly get a warm welcome & support off me .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Well I will buck the trend on here, I am actually pleasantly surprised by this lad & actually think he will do well . I have read about his career , his style of play etc coupled with the fact that he played locally for quite a while & will know our area & people, plus he will have quite an extensive knowledge of the EFL , although I expect him to get the usual negativity off our fan base I see that as a good grounding & a test of his character & he certainly appears to know how to fight both his & his players corner, interesting times ahead & will certainly get a warm welcome & support off me .
    Well said 👍
    I don’t think there will be any negativity within Oakwell towards him.
    Only negativity will be found on message boards and other forms of social media.
    Of course he will have to win the fans over - but wouldn’t any new manager - no matter who the board appointed ?
    Even a big big name would get abuse if they didn’t win games.

We now stand back with excitement and a touch of trepidation to see what unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I’m not negative about him. I’m not surprised either that we have gone for someone, not of the usual merry go round.
    Time will tell.
    Pretty sure none of the realistic posters on here actually expected a “Name” so we haven’t been surprised.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast