+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southgate Appeals to England Fans

Southgate Appeals to England Fans

Not to give Henderson a hard time! The boys life must be tough enough earning millions in Saudi then flying such a long way to meet the likes of Maquire and Co!

With the talent in that squad it’s unbelievable the country has won nowt! I thought Big Dave’s downfall was being too loyal to his mates but Southgate takes the biscuit!

Hope Ukraine give Henderson a good boot!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Not to give Henderson a hard time! The boys life must be tough enough earning millions in Saudi then flying such a long way to meet the likes of Maquire and Co!

With the talent in that squad it’s unbelievable the country has won nowt! I thought Big Dave’s downfall was being too loyal to his mates but Southgate takes the biscuit!

Hope Ukraine give Henderson a good boot!
    Henderson deserves any stick he gets, sanctimonious, self-entitled w nk r, with double standards.

Stopped watching England games when the yes man and total bore Southgate took over, to keep on picking the likes of Maguire is scandalous

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Stopped watching England games when the yes man and total bore Southgate took over, to keep on picking the likes of Maguire is scandalous

Agree Bomber! I bet there’s been some traffic in Saltburn with this hot weather?

It’s so rare for an England side to actually be impeded by the manager, it’s always been the other way around in the past!

I’ve heard a fair bit of chatter about Guardiola being favourite for the England job next time around and all the pro’s who’ve commented seem to think it’s almost impossible to think he wouldn’t win trophy’s with this present lot.

Southgate is too cautious and this constant support of Maguire and Henderson is testament to that.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Agree Bomber! I bet there’s been some traffic in Saltburn with this hot weather?
    Saltburn used to be lovely, it had a boating lake and plenty of green areas, now it’s a nightmare, the boating lake is now a car park, there are cars everywhere, it’s a nightmare going shopping, one idiot even parked on the bend on Saltburn bank, absolute moron, don’t tend to go in the summer too many tourists scoffing fish and chips and leaving their rubbish behind

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Saltburn used to be lovely, it had a boating lake and plenty of green areas, now it’s a nightmare, the boating lake is now a car park, there are cars everywhere, it’s a nightmare going shopping, one idiot even parked on the bend on Saltburn bank, absolute moron, don’t tend to go in the summer too many tourists scoffing fish and chips and leaving their rubbish behind
    I visited a few weeks ago for the first time and was surprised how dead the town was and somewhat down at heel.

One cafe owner on the Main Street said he was only opening on three weekdays due to lack of passing custom and on one day he’d counted only 11 people go past his very nice cafe in a whole day.

It’s a bit too “Blackpool” for me down by the shore.

Southgate said when he was appointed that he would pick players on form, now he just picks his mates.. mark my words we will loose to Scotland as a result.

Southgate has had his chance, done his bit and needs to go now. Despite some of the quality in the current crop of England players, just cannot see us progressing under him.

As for Henderson, as posted on an earlier thread, the bloke is coming across like a complete tool. Zero sympathy for him based on the comments he himself has made and he deserves the criticisms directed at him. He can try and dress it up as much as he wants but his decision comes across as pure greed which is made worse by his hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Southgate said when he was appointed that he would pick players on form, now he just picks his mates.. mark my words we will loose to Scotland as a result.
    Words are marked. We will see. I don’t think he should of picked Henderson , McGuire etc but he’s overseen the best years I can remember of being an England fan despite his faults Second only to sir Alf…yes we should be less conservative but we just ain’t got a Bobby Moore or butcher at the moment. I think we will go close next summer. Semi at least.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)