+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd on Weds

Man Utd on Weds

Think we need to be careful.

They are going to be looking for a massive reaction after the whipping they got today.

With our depleted squad, we have to have some rotation and that could effect us.

Their defence has been awful but I think the kick back will need to be managed early doors, we'll need to quieten them early etc.

Thing is, if we get at them early, we can turn their crowd. They were booing the subs today and it wouldn't take much to rile them.

Injuries, changes...we can still do these f.uckers. 😠

I hope we do.

They are suffering at the minute.

Worst start to a campaign etc. (I think I read). Lost 5 of their opening 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I hope we do.

They are suffering at the minute.

Worst start to a campaign etc. (I think I read). Lost 5 of their opening 10 games.
    I think they will be there for the taking, especially if we can pick up an early lead.

It turns out they were booing the manager for making the wrong subs.

Ten Hag is dead meat. We can get something against them, but we will need to be sharp and effective.

I reckon this will go one of two ways.

1) We get a lead and the crowd will turn on the players and Hag and we win easily.

2) They get the lead and we get thumped badly. They are individually a decent side and pent up frustration might come out by way of it all clicking for them. They are due one I think.

I hope we give the bench a run out. Targett, Tino, Dubravka, Dummett, etc. Tough decisions need to be made based on personnel available. Bigger games/competitions ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by marathoningmagpie View Post
    I hope we give the bench a run out. Targett, Tino, Dubravka, Dummett, etc. Tough decisions need to be made based on personnel available. Bigger games/competitions ahead.
    Also those mentioned above need a game or two to keep them focussed. The way the injury situation is becoming we may be relying on them sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by marathoningmagpie View Post
    I can see Howe focussing on the Arsenal game.

Not just because qualifying for the CL needs as many points as possible, but after last season I know I’d want to stick it to Arteta 🤣

Hope Trippier gets a rest. He looked knackered against Wolves.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)