+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasons predictions (2nd look - after 10 games)

Seasons predictions (2nd look - after 10 games)

Well, I said I'd revisit after 10 games and some of you preferred to wait a little so here we are.
    Ryan Dicker does, however, suggest that 10 games might not be enough to see how things are likely to pan out but then again teams can plummet or meteorically rise at any stage of the season. There are no prizes, so what does it matter - it's just for fun and some self- satisfaction for somebody if they get it right.
    I am revising my prediction upwards but not getting carried away. We are only 1 or 2 major injuries away from a potential downturn in fortunes. Also, despite the results and the goals, we still look fragile at times and it's usually the Winter when the Alex fall off in terms of results. Therefore, I'm going for 9th - just outside the play-offs but a few points off.
    If he stays mostly fit, it looks like Long is going to turn out to be top goalscorer. Tabs is still likely to be the standout player of the season, for me. My earlier prediction for Lunt to be breakthrough player still stands but from the 2nd half of the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Agius make a few head-turning appearances either.
    We had 8 or 9 responses to the original post and a handful deferred to a later point.
    So..what do you think...a reassessment or sticking to your original guns?

Oh and I forgot about the other bits of the prediction... still can't see Wrexham going up - particularly with that defence. I'm sticking with Notts Co (though they're a bit wobbly too!). I've got a feeling that Stockport will probably make it after all.
    Bit shocked to see Crawley up there- still waiting to see if it all falls apart but beginning to wonder. Doncaster and Tranmere a surprise but it could be Sutton that go down with Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Oh and I forgot about the other bits of the prediction... still can't see Wrexham going up - particularly with that defence. I'm sticking with Notts Co (though they're a bit wobbly too!). I've got a feeling that Stockport will probably make it after all.
    Bit shocked to see Crawley up there- still waiting to see if it all falls apart but beginning to wonder. Doncaster and Tranmere a surprise but it could be Sutton that go down with Newport.
    I can't actually remember what I predicted originally but I suspect it was a 10th place finish. If so, I see no reason to alter that. We are doing well right now but all teams endure a poor run and we are no different. It depends when that run happens and how well a team recovers from it but we have a relatively small squad and when injuries bite or loss of form occurs we will drop points and drop down the league. I am happy to see a bit of consistency over the season and consolidating on last years performances and an improvement on 13th.

I was one who wanted to wait till 10 games, so will make my contribution - despite RD!

If we avoid too many injuries (and/or strengthen in January through a Finnigan type loanee - I see he's at Shrewsbury this year), I think we've shown enough to make fighting for a top 7 place a real possibility. If we tighten up in defence then even top 3. We should certainly be top 10 at least unless something dreadful happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I can't actually remember what I predicted originally but I suspect it was a 10th place finish. If so, I see no reason to alter that. We are doing well right now but all teams endure a poor run and we are no different. It depends when that run happens and how well a team recovers from it but we have a relatively small squad and when injuries bite or loss of form occurs we will drop points and drop down the league. I am happy to see a bit of consistency over the season and consolidating on last years performances and an improvement on 13th.
    You also predicted Wrexham as champions... after Saturday do you still think that??

I’ll up my position to 6 th.
    Change outstanding to Offord
    Stick with Lunt
    Stick with relegation and promotion

You also predicted Wrexham as champions... after Saturday do you still think that??
    I don't think Wrexham will win the league. It will be interesting what they do in January of course.

MeForCrewe said:
    01-08-2023 01:08 PM
    Position 16th
    Outstanding Powell
    Breakthrough Holicek
    Champions Stockport
    Promoted Wrexham Bradford Gillingham
    Relegated Crawley Morecambe

Revised
    11th
    Micky D 5
    Holicek
    Stockport
    Notts C Bradford Gillingham
    Morecambe FGR

This was what I predicted originally.

Position 10th
    Outstanding Tabiner
    Breakthrough Holicek
    Champions Wrexham
    Promoted Notts County, Bradford, Mansfield
    Relegated Crawley, Colchester

I now think that both Crawley and Colchester will remain in the league, but I fear for FGR, Sutton, Doncaster and Harrogate could be battling at the bottom at the end of the season.
    I would suggest Swindon will be champions and promotion will be Notts County, Stockport and Mansfield. Everything else I stand by.

Original predictions

Our position: 6th
    Outstanding player: Tabiner
    Breakthrough player: Woodcock
    Champions: Notts County (Didzy!!)
    Also promoted: Crewe; MK Dons; Carlisle
    Relegated: Crawley; Newport County.

Top Scorer: Nev

Like to change

breakthrough player to Owen Lunt
    Also promoted to Alex, Wimbledon, Stockport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast