+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many Notts games......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How many Notts games......

Have you been to in your lifetime?

Since my first game v tranmere in 1973 (4-1) I estimate I have seen 800 notts matches home and away.

I am sure many of you on here can at least double that 👍😁

Hard to know but probably around 600-700 at a guesstimate. By the way, your first match was also mine

That's such a coincidence Swale. You weren't the young lad in the duffel coat and tartan flares sat next to me in the main stand??😁

Quote Originally Posted by Notts66 View Post
    That's such a coincidence Swale. You weren't the young lad in the duffel coat and tartan flares sat next to me in the main stand??
    No I was the other lad in the blue anorak on my Godfather's shoulders near the back of the Spion Kop but I think I saw you in the distance with that tartan flares lad nearby

I'll not count last season which means I have been attending for 50 years probably averaging about 20 home games per season + about 150 away games (at the last count I had done about 90 different grounds) so I make that around 1,150, bloody hell, COYP

Just stumbled across an article which reveals the "Historical Kits" site is wrong on the Chocolate and Blue halves strip for 1934/35. We didn't just wear that kit for the opening month and then revert back to b&w stripes, we wore it for the whole season with an announcement being made the following May (1935) that we would be changing back. The curious thing, is, 1934/35 was our worst ever season at the time, ending with relegation to the 3rd Division South, so if we'd instead been half decent that season, we might still be wearing chocolate and blue today!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Hard to know but probably around 600-700 at a guesstimate. By the way, your first match was also mine
    That was my second game. My first was the 2-0 win against Plymouth, on 21st March 1973, I think.

I left Nottingham a few years later and have probably only seen about 60 matches.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    That was my second game. My first was the 2-0 win against Plymouth, on 21st March 1973, I think.

I left Nottingham a few years later and have probably only seen about 60 matches.
    Ain't counting but 1952 was my first game.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Ain't counting but 1952 was my first game.
    Blimey that's some endurance!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Blimey that's some endurance!
    More lows than highs but it gets into your blood.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast