+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Stallard

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mark Stallard

Just a mention to say how enjoyable it is listening to his thoughts and comments on all things Notts County. He is always honest and fair when discussing Notts but his love for the club shines like a beacon.
    I was unfortunate enough to hear a bit of Steve Hodge on Saturday, as colour commentator for Florist. He was shocking in comparison, even struggling to get right who they were meeting in the play offs.
    I know the Magpie Circle is not well liked on here by some, due to Paul Mace, but it is always worth watching/listening, especially when Stal is on. If possible listen to last nights episode, maybe five minutes from the end, when he gives his idea of what the pre game managers talk should be before the play off games, Churchillian comes to mind.
    GET IN

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Just a mention to say how enjoyable it is listening to his thoughts and comments on all things Notts County. He is always honest and fair when discussing Notts but his love for the club shines like a beacon.
    I was unfortunate enough to hear a bit of Steve Hodge on Saturday, as colour commentator for Florist. He was shocking in comparison, even struggling to get right who they were meeting in the play offs.
    I know the Magpie Circle is not well liked on here by some, due to Paul Mace, but it is always worth watching/listening, especially when Stal is on. If possible listen to last nights episode, maybe five minutes from the end, when he gives his idea of what the pre game managers talk should be before the play off games, Churchillian comes to mind.
    GET IN
    A true legend, and always worth listening to. I dont know why some do not like the Magpie Circle, its all about honest opinions and chaired by a true Notts Supporter..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    A true legend, and always worth listening to. I dont know why some do not like the Magpie Circle, its all about honest opinions and chaired by a true Notts Supporter..
    There can't be ANY doubt that Paul Mace is Notts through and through but it does drag on a bit and he did himself no favours towards the end of last season when he ripped into IB in a third party kind of way which got a lot of people off side me included. Its not a bad listen at times but he only has himself to blame for peoples opinions on him.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    There can't be ANY doubt that Paul Mace is Notts through and through but it does drag on a bit and he did himself no favours towards the end of last season when he ripped into IB in a third party kind of way which got a lot of people off side me included. Its not a bad listen at times but he only has himself to blame for peoples opinions on him.
    My first experience of Paul Mace's podcast was the Martin Allen interview which I thought was great, and I posted on here to say so, but I agree with you that his comments on Ian Burchnall seemed personally motivated rather than objective. I lost interest in the Magpie Circle podcast after that.

Liked him as a player.......Like him as a commentator........Like him as a person.

Can't get much better than that !!

I love his ‘Get Innnnnnn’ whenever we score

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I love his ‘Get Innnnnnn’ whenever we score
    Yeah, and the the subtle differences between each 'Get Innnnnn' depending on the circumstances of the match.

Love Stallard. One of my favourite Notts players growing up and an excellent co-commentator. Based purely on the way he communicates and what he says, I think he'd make a great manager.

Top scorer in a season that could well have seen us promoted back into the championship in 2000 had we not made the stupid, stupid, stupid mistake of giving the job to Gary Brazil. A proper appointment after Sam understandably left and nobody would have been crying "Judas" for long or continuing to hate on Allardyce to this day. Can't really blame Pavis either because there was a groundswell of support for giving the job full time to Brazil, probably from the players as well.

No idea what Stall feels about that period, but it's a pity he isn't associated with some proper success, he was among the best of a very decent squad. With the service he's since given to the club via the media, "club legend" is justified. Not many others could fall into that bracket post Warnock/Walker era, Ian Richardson certainly, Mike Edwards, Hoozie and John Thompson, but we're going to be scraping the barrel in years to come on that front if we don't get our act together soon.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Not many others could fall into that bracket post Warnock/Walker era, Ian Richardson certainly, Mike Edwards, Hoozie and John Thompson, but we're going to be scraping the barrel in years to come on that front if we don't get our act together soon.
    I'd add Bishop to that list, but yeah, I can't think of anyone else.

Who from the current lot - or even the last few years - would you remember as a club legend? I think someone like Rodriguez could cement himself in that category if we got promoted and he stuck around, but those are two massive ifs that aren't likely to happen.

I think Alan Sheehan is worth a shout, Rico was another…people who gave a damn. Few and far between unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast