+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T best Ramones song...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T best Ramones song...

53rd and 3rd for me.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 21-09-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Don't think this one will make it into you list of top popular posts IBS. Not sure there are many Ramones fans out there. Personally only know their more commercial songs so would go with I Wanna Be Sedated and maybe belonging on the cover songs thread their version of the Ronettes Baby I Love You.

I thought the Dolores Del Rio version was OK, "Whispering" Jack Smith, Gene Austin and Jim Reeves not so good but the definitive version must be by The Batchelors. Great stuff.

Sorry, bleary-eyed this morning. Thought it said song Ramona. Never heard of The Ramones so can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Sorry, bleary-eyed this morning. Thought it said song Ramona. Never heard of The Ramones so can't comment.
    The Ramones DID play a song called "Ramona" - might not be the one that you're thinking of though...

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    The Ramones DID play a song called "Ramona" - might not be the one that you're thinking of though...
    I doubt it, Mike. Word is that at the Tory conference May and Rees Mogg will sing a duet to the tune of Ramona called "Remainer".

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Mike, I just read the lyrics to this song. Appalling, degenerate, ***ist and seems to be about bonking a (probably under age) groupie. A nice bunch of lads.

Pinhead then Cretin Hop for me. Could go on all day, one of my fave bands. Always see me in a Ramones T on match days (if it's warm enough?)

pinhead....good shout

All their songs sound the same don't they?

Due to the fact they only know 3 chords.

I do like this cover though:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast