+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v QPR Matchday Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wolves v QPR Matchday Thread

Match Preview Click Here

Can Wolves make it three wins on the trot? i hope so.

Come on you Wanderers, make em happy!!!

Same team as against Bristol City - no changes!

Early on and Wolves are doing most of the attacking....COYW !!!!

Still the case, but no goal yet - very frustrating!

Just catching up with this on the Wolves blog. Sounds like the usual, all the possesion but can't break through. Needs an Edwards goal to get us going!

Not many on here tonight....I wonder why ? Still even at the break, but for once I'm optimistic that the goal (s) will come if only we can maintain the pressure.......so keep plugging away you Wolves !!!

It's two steps forward and three steps back for Wolves. I was hopeful of Wolves getting something out of the game this afternoon before kick-off and seeing an unchanged line-up to the Bristol game.

Queens Park Rangers set their stall up right from the off, defending in numbers, consistently slowing the game down, talking ages to take their throw-ins and other set-pieces. We can all look at the stats from the game, Wolves seeing plenty of the ball, but that counts for nothing in my eyes when you don't make it count in front of goal.

Bar two goals that QPR scored from, i can only recall the poor effort from Sylla in the first half. Wolves did have chances in both the first and second half, the clearest one though was where Enobakhare had his effort saved by Smithies, the youngster will probably feel he should do better.

Many times this season Wolves have been punished for their poor defending. Jack Price, who was booked in the first half for a really poor challenge, took away his chance to put in a challenge for the first QPR goal, not enough done to stop the cross, but even then the central defenders should be quicker to get to Sylla. I actually still can't believe even now how the second QPR goal went in, a blocked shot, but dropping nicely for Wszolek and three Wolves players around the scorer and he still manages to put it in the net. Really poor defending in my opinion.

I felt just before Edwards had scored, Costa was having an influence on the game, he had the beating of Bidwell, who had been booked, but after the goal we didn't attack him enough. Cavaleiro had one of those frustrating games where against James Perch he wasn't getting much change, either getting past him or with his little tricks. I do think the time be up for Dicko to be taken out of the firing line, i can't knock his work rate, but a couple of chances today, one effort going wide and an header that in reality he may as well have left it for Dave Edwards.

A frustrating game and if Wolves had gone away and won as QPR did, especially after the run they have been on, i would be happy, goals that count at the end of the day.

Thanks for the report Gav.

We can, at least, take one positive from this match. If ever our Asian benefactors needed further encouragement to spend-up big in the January window, this performance should provide them with ample proof of our inherent weaknesses. Let's be brutally frank, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and to suggest our current back four will ever become the cohesive, effective, unit essential to further progress, is to believe in fairytales. They are shuffled around like the deckchairs on the Titanic when the simple truth is... they are never going to be good enough if Wolves have serious aspirations. Our concerns do not end there. Elsewhere on the park, we have several players who have shown they possess the necessary skill to carry us forward, and yet the ***** ingredient for success still evades them. Repeatedly, they are capable of creating chances, but too often their effort is wasted and a familiar frustration pervades team and supporters alike. The first of these deficiences may well be solved by wise purchase, whereas the second can best be remedied on the training ground. If our goal shyness was only a recent idiosyncracy it might not be so bad, but, unfortunately, it is an unwelcome habit that has been evident for far too long.

At the moment I'm feeling slightly dispirited and after the humiliation of yesterday I dread to think what the "Owls' might have in store for us.

Oh! by the way....Happy New Year !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)