+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Coventry City Post Match Thoughts

My thought is have you ever tried to follow a game from 5,000 miles away through BBC Text Updates when it goes to 90+11. Squeaky bum is an understatement but as I always knew "Nothing to fear" . So the top two heavyweights duke it out to a draw and it's as you were at the top. Stats look pretty even so on that basis I guess a draw was a fair result and it's certainly one we would have probably taken at kick off. Hopefully the Barlaser injury is not too serious but it doesn't sound that great but everyone has to deal with injuries so next man up for Saturday if needed.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 25-02-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Our automatic promotion hopes have just been stretchered off.

fair result.

they won 90% of the second balls in the second half, we were not at our best.

take the point and lets back t up with 3 more on saturday

Not too much to say. Not many clear cut chances and if you didn’t know otherwise you’d have thought it was a mid table clash. Loads of effort but not too much quality.
    We were better first half. Them for the second half.
    Wiles struggled with Dabo’s pace and O Hare looks a tidy player.
    Olasundae and Crooks were our best players. Until Crooks tired from the high tempo and started giving daft free kicks away.

Crap game, right result.

Qne point was needed to stay top, the team did the job against a decent Coventry outfit, hope Coventry draw with Sunderland & lose at Ipswich, at the same time the Millers taking 3 points on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Our automatic promotion hopes have just been stretchered off.
    This worries me. Wiles isn’t very effective in a centre midfield 2, Warne doesn’t seem to fancy Lindsay and Macdonald and crooks together has no creativity.

Well it’s another game nearer the finishing line and we are still top.

I see Crooks had an under par game, as he tends to have when we have a Tuesday game after a Saturday one

Ive been saying this over and over after Peterborough game We won’t lose another game all season and we will go up automatically.
    Coventry will be up there with us imo.

Only had radio Sheffield on. Subs baffled me. Adelakun no. McDonald before Lindsay doesn't make sense. Think Warney is trying to make a case for signing McDonald. Still top all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Only had radio Sheffield on. Subs baffled me. Adelakun no. McDonald before Lindsay doesn't make sense. Think Warney is trying to make a case for signing McDonald. Still top all that matters.
    Good to see that that without witnessing things at first hand or being aware of the circumstances you are able to tell the Manager where he is going wrong. Pity you weren't in the dugout so that he could have benefited from your insights. Lets just hope that he reads your post and takes your advice on board

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast