+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what lesson have been learned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So what lesson have been learned

Not to many I would say.
    1- our supporters need a bloody gold medal hanging round there necks for the loyalty they show this club
    Time after time we go again hoping we will get things right and get let down.
    A big well done notts fans see ya next season
    2-is it stating the obvious that we need a battler in the middle of the park or am I blind.
    So why don’t we do anything about it
    3- we play nice attractive football but this group,and maybe overplaying will not get you out of this league
    We’re to soft
    To say I’m gutted yet again is an understatement
    I just keep reliving our forest loanee pushing there player in the back

I don’t think we play nice, attractive football. I think we play slow, monotonous football, devoid of ideas and attacking intent.

This nice, attractive football is Emperors new clothes stuff. It doesn’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I don’t think we play nice, attractive football. I think we play slow, monotonous football, devoid of ideas and attacking intent.

I think we play nice, attractive football 20% of the time, and slow, monotonous football, devoid of ideas and attacking intent 80% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post

Scoring 81 goals in the season and scoring on every single home game doesn't exactly scream "devoid of ideas and attacking intent".

Unless we got lucky all season?!?! The main complaint was not taking our chances, rather than not creating them as suggested above.

Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Scoring 81 goals in the season and scoring on every single home game doesn't exactly scream "devoid of ideas and attacking intent".

Unless we got lucky all season?!?! The main complaint was not taking our chances, rather than not creating them as suggested above.

Hmmmmm.
    The goals conceded column over the course of the season would suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The goals conceded column over the course of the season would suggest otherwise.
    We've created a lot of chances, missed a lot of chances and scored a lot of chances. As you say, the fundamental problem with this team is its defensive solidity and a distinct inability to defend set pieces. We'll certainly need to replace Wootton's goals, but we could score 10 goals less than this season and still finish higher - possibly top - if we get our defending right.

We play "attractive" football 20% of the time, "keep ball" for 50% of the time, and finally "don't challenge for the ball" for the remaining 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_Southwell_Magpie View Post
    We play "attractive" football 20% of the time, "keep ball" for 50% of the time, and finally "don't challenge for the ball" for the remaining 30%.
    That's a pretty good summary.

We've learnt that tippy tappy football is awful to watch and Burchnall reckons we play well. Time for him and the rest of his overrated 2nd rate players to go

We didn't learn anything we didn't already know and Burchnall learnt nothing as usual. It doesn't matter how many goals we wrack up against the weak clubs, it's the goals and performances against the big clubs and pressure games where we 80% of the time fold. Why can't people see this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast