+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans to return

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fans to return

Queens looking to get fans back to home game over the next couple of months. Limited to season ticket holders and names will be drawn via a ballot system as the number of season ticket holders exceed the number which can currently be allowed into games this side of the Border. It's a start at least!!
    http://www.qosfc.com/news-5298

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Queens looking to get fans back to home game over the next couple of months. Limited to season ticket holders and names will be drawn via a ballot system as the number of season ticket holders exceed the number which can currently be allowed into games this side of the Border. It's a start at least!!
    http://www.qosfc.com/news-5298

with only allowing season ticket holders in to palmy surely this will only see queens making a greater financial loss as queens would need to pay for added security amoung other stuff to accommodate the fans as there will be no paying customers to get income from,and no doubt the ones who do win through to watch the game in the flesh would have otherwise have paid the 10 quid to stream the game live ,i think queens should hold off until all fans are allowed back would surely make more financial sense .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 10-12-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    with only allowing season ticket holders in to palmy surely this will only see queens making a greater financial loss as queens would need to pay for added security amoung other stuff to accommodate the fans as there will be no paying customers to get income from,and no doubt the ones who do win through to watch the game in the flesh would have otherwise have paid the 10 quid to stream the game live ,i think queens should hold off until all fans are allowed back would surely make more financial sense .

There’s no doubt getting 300 fans into the stadium will actually cost Queens and other clubs money but don’t forget the clubs have already received money through season ticket money payments. The Scottish Government are not making things easy for football clubs and so far have let them down badly.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    There’s no doubt getting 300 fans into the stadium will actually cost Queens and other clubs money but don’t forget the clubs have already received money through season ticket money payments. The Scottish Government are not making things easy for football clubs and so far have let them down badly.

i dont get that johnny how have the scottish government let scottish football clubs down badly ? its all about protection from this virus if i had my way it would have been total lockdown for everyone until this virus was eradicated completely ,football under the top teir should have been mothballed until start of next season that way no clubs incur any costs ,cant blame the scottish goverment over this as thay are trying there best to stop this virus spreading further .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i dont get that johnny how have the scottish government let scottish football clubs down badly ? its all about protection from this virus if i had my way it would have been total lockdown for everyone until this virus was eradicated completely ,football under the top teir should have been mothballed until start of next season that way no clubs incur any costs ,cant blame the scottish goverment over this as thay are trying there best to stop this virus spreading further .
    The Scottish Government have had plenty opportunities to let sports fans return to outside events in a safer environment than going shopping for example where social distancing rules are hardly ever followed.

Some very logical thinking Francis, - but one that would demonise fans who have already paid for the privilege of having a season ticket. The club would be castigated if they penalised fans who have paid in good faith, and they must look after those loyal punters.

You are completely correct though that opening the stadium makes little financial sense, - but it is the correct and ethical thing to do.

Sadly, I fully expect the January Covid figures to place D&G back in level 2, - so this may be a very limited exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Some very logical thinking Francis, - but one that would demonise fans who have already paid for the privilege of having a season ticket. The club would be castigated if they penalised fans who have paid in good faith, and they must look after those loyal punters.

You are completely correct though that opening the stadium makes little financial sense, - but it is the correct and ethical thing to do.

Sadly, I fully expect the January Covid figures to place D&G back in level 2, - so this may be a very limited exercise.

hopefully this so called vaccine can get rolled out to everyone asap ,however i reckon we will still see tier level lockdowns all the way into say march or may before thay get everyone vaccinated , ie i can also see complications with this vaccine as its defo been a rush job no one knows what kind of long term problems this vaccine might cause .

I think you are right Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    The Scottish Government have had plenty opportunities to let sports fans return to outside events in a safer environment than going shopping for example where social distancing rules are hardly ever followed.
    The Scottish Government has undoubtedly been behind the rest of the UK when it comes to supporting professional sport by todays announcement of hard cash is most welcome if not more than a little imbalanced towards the SPL compared to the SFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The Scottish Government has undoubtedly been behind the rest of the UK when it comes to supporting professional sport by todays announcement of hard cash is most welcome if not more than a little imbalanced towards the SPL compared to the SFL.

thats ok if you think its safe enough to do so scottish government have got a top scientist who is giving them the advice to keep things shut down enough to keep things just ticking over at best ,even that is on the unsafe side to me ,as of boris the animal down in london he is opening things up spreading the virus ,boris does things too fast at times stupidly all he cares about is his stupid economy ,health before economy that way yes we will take the hit businesses will shut and football clubs will fold ,id rather be safe than sorry so if clubs have to close the doors so be it ,more will eventually arise from there ashes .

and after his silly brexit it will be 10 times worse as tarrifs will go through the roof totally wrecking his economy anyways .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 11-12-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)