+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T charges start in London today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

T charges start in London today

Drivers of older, more polluting vehicles will have to pay almost twice as much to drive in central London.
    Mayor Sadiq Khan's £10 T-Charge, which mainly applies to diesel and petrol vehicles registered before 2006, has come into force.
    It covers the same area as the existing congestion charge zone, bumping up the cost to £21.50 for those affected.

The T-Charge is the first of a series of new rates being introduced in London.
    It is due to be replaced by a stricter Ultra-Low Emission Zone in 2020, although Mr Khan is consulting on bringing this forward to 2019.
    This will mean diesel cars registered before September 2015 and petrol cars registered before 2006 will face a £12.50 charge.

Other cities due to follow.

Is this the death of veteran car rallies?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post

Is this the death of veteran car rallies?
    It should be the death of the environmental lobby, which persuaded governments to encourage us to buy millions of polluting diesel cars, thus damaging the environment and posing a deadly risk people's health. But it won't be, governments are still in thrall to these dangerous idiots, the 'green crap' as David Cameron so succinctly put it.

According to new figures this week, London traffic is moving far more slowly than it once was. Back in 2012, the average speed on London’s roads was 19.33 miles per hour, dropping to 8.98 in the streets of Central London. This year, according to Transport for London, London cars are driving at an average of just 16.5 miles per hour, falling to 7.4 miles per hour in the city core.

The way the establishment are making car owners pay through the nose and keep narrowing roads for Cycles they are probably aiming for London traffic to average below 10 miles an hour.

Can you answer my question Colner ? Where does all this C and T Charges and all the other "For greener air" Taxes Go ?

I have heard all of the Wonga raised from C and T Charges and all the other "For greener air" taxes go towards paying exorbitant wages to London Transport's bus drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have heard all of the Wonga raised from C and T Charges and all the other "For greener air" taxes go towards paying exorbitant wages to London Transport's bus drivers.
    I'm free of that now BT.

Used to make me laugh though when seeing the adds on bus shelters "TFL does not make any profit as everything goes back into Transport" Like phuck it does, plus with over 400 administration People on over £100,000 a year they are as wasteful as the Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    According to new figures this week, London traffic is moving far more slowly than it once was.

Can you answer my question Colner ? Where does all this C and T Charges and all the other "For greener air" Taxes Go ?
    The mayors office says by law net revenue must be reinvested in improving transport across London whatever that means, so it could be bus drivers, tube, cycle lanes I suppose.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/congestion...-factsheet.pdf

If I had my way I'd open the Thames barrier and flood London ..That would solve a lot of problems,especially the immigration problem..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    If I had my way I'd open the Thames barrier and flood London ..That would solve a lot of problems,especially the immigration problem..

Sod that Alfie, were do you think all those immigrants and the few cockneys that are left would flee to ? Oop bloody north that's where. Well bugger that for a game of soldiers, leave 'em where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sod that Alfie, were do you think all those immigrants and the few cockneys that are left would flee to ? Oop bloody north that's where. Well bugger that for a game of soldiers, leave 'em where they are.
    I hope you feel sorry for me Sinkov as I'm in the middle of the bastids.

Aye, but the weather's better down there Alto, you can't have everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)