+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 pieces of Silva

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

30 pieces of Silva

I see Everton are now being linked with a £30 million bid for Lascelles. The report on F365 mentions the uncertainty around Rafa not having signed a contract yet. Now, I don't think he'll go-at least not for £30 mil (hopefully) and not to Everton (definitely not) but it does raise a valid issue, i.e. players we're after might want to wait to see how things pan out with Rafa's contract before they commit. As I say, I'm not too concerned at the moment about players leaving, more how the situation will affect incoming transfers but the longer the uncertainty continues, you never know what sort of destabilising effect it might have on the current squad.

All further reason for Ashley to convince Rafa they're on the same page (albeit Rafa is at the first word at the top and Ashley is at the very bottom on the last word...)

*and the thread title is the only addition I'll be making to the religion thread

If Rafa isn't going to sign a contract he needs to go now so we can get in another manager and then see where we're headed...and if that's with Ashley then no doubt Lascelles will be tempted away easier.

If Ashley is selling the club and that's why Rafa has not signed, then there needs to be clarity for the players and Rafa himself, either from Ashley or from the potential new owners, if this is the case.

One way or the other something concrete needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Lascelles will want to know if he's on the end of a build or not, as I assume quite a few players will...so it's in the interests of all parties to get stuff sorted before the sniffing clubs start hitting us left right and centre for the core of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    If Rafa isn't going to sign a contract he needs to go now so we can get in another manager and then see where we're headed...and if that's with Ashley then no doubt Lascelles will be tempted away easier.

If Ashley is selling the club and that's why Rafa has not signed, then there needs to be clarity for the players and Rafa himself, either from Ashley or from the potential new owners, if this is the case.

One way or the other something concrete needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Lascelles will want to know if he's on the end of a build or not, as I assume quite a few players will...so it's in the interests of all parties to get stuff sorted before the sniffing clubs start hitting us left right and centre for the core of our players.
    If we sign Kenedy soon, I suspect that would be enough to show Jamaal that the club wants to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity;38910659[FONT=Verdana
    *and the thread title is the only addition I'll be making to the religion thread
    And is that because you think Lascelles will betray us like Judas betrayed Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    And is that because you think Lascelles will betray us like Judas betrayed Jesus?
    More like Ashley betraying Rafa/us by selling Lascelles but, aye, that's the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    More like Ashley betraying Rafa/us by selling Lascelles but, aye, that's the idea.
    Ah that's how I see it too my friend! Don't think it'll happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I see Everton are now being linked with a £30 million bid for Lascelles. The report on F365 mentions the uncertainty around Rafa not having signed a contract yet. Now, I don't think he'll go-at least not for £30 mil (hopefully) and not to Everton (definitely not) but it does raise a valid issue, i.e. players we're after might want to wait to see how things pan out with Rafa's contract before they commit. As I say, I'm not too concerned at the moment about players leaving, more how the situation will affect incoming transfers but the longer the uncertainty continues, you never know what sort of destabilising effect it might have on the current squad.

All further reason for Ashley to convince Rafa they're on the same page (albeit Rafa is at the first word at the top and Ashley is at the very bottom on the last word...)

Let's face it, had we beaten Everton as possibly we ought to have done in that game then we would have been above them in the table.

Apart from owners who spend money for the benefit of the club they have nothing that we haven't got.

We have a better manager. A better stadium.

Better and more loyal fans.

And hopefully and expectance of finishing higher in the table next season than Everton.

If Lascelles moved there for £30 million +++ then it more likely than not would be a backwards move for him.

If any of the top six came in for him with a bid in the silly money bracket you couldn't blame the lad for considering it but all in all it would be a pity for him to go anywhere at any price.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 04-06-2018 at 10:09 AM.

I'm concerned over players waiting to see how the Rafa situation pans out to.

I think we'll be ok with Lascelles, although i'm always worried about Ashley from selling him without Rafas agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I'm concerned over players waiting to see how the Rafa situation pans out to.

I think we'll be ok with Lascelles, although i'm always worried about Ashley from selling him without Rafas agreement.
    That won’t happen man Jammy, Fatty has told Rafa that he has full control over all incoming and outgoing transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    That won’t happen man Jammy, Fatty has told Rafa that he has full control over all incoming and outgoing transfers.
    And i trust him in this as far as i can throw him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)