+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Applause on 31 mins...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Applause on 31 mins...

Reading on F-Book about plans for applause at 31 min mark on Sat, for some young lad, 31, who died of the horrible Big C. Anyone off here, or some one known by our posters?

Whoever you are mate,RIP

This is getting silly. Without meaning any disrespect, what is the point of 5,000 people clapping 31 times to reflect the age of someone dying who they have never heard of?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    This is getting silly. Without meaning any disrespect, what is the point of 5,000 people clapping 31 times to reflect the age of someone dying who they have never heard of?
    What's your problem with it if people want to show their sympathy and solidarity in that way?

who they have never heard of?
    of WHOM they have never heard.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    of WHOM they have never heard.
    Did your grammatical correction in anyway enhance meaning?

Did your grammatical correction in anyway enhance meaning?
    I don't think that's really necessary on such a poignant thread.

He was a fellow Notts fan, only a young lad as well. Does it hurt to show a bit of respect???

You can’t just prefix a sentence with ‘Without meaning any disrespect’ and then post something clearly disrespectful.

People die every day, I’m sure many Notts fans die over a year, my Grandpa died at 80 and supported Notts all his life, I didn’t try and organise a minutes applause for him because as sad as it was we all know everybody dies at some point.

However this was a popular lad around Meadow Lane who died at 31 years old of a horrendous disease and leaves behind a fiancé and a 2 year old daughter. A genuinely nice bloke too who wouldn’t moan about having to put his hands together for 60 seconds at a football match.

Quote Originally Posted by piratescotty View Post
    You can’t just prefix a sentence with ‘Without meaning any disrespect’ and then post something clearly disrespectful.

People die every day, I’m sure many Notts fans die over a year, my Grandpa died at 80 and supported Notts all his life, I didn’t try and organise a minutes applause for him because as sad as it was we all know everybody dies at some point.

However this was a popular lad around Meadow Lane who died at 31 years old of a horrendous disease and leaves behind a fiancé and a 2 year old daughter. A genuinely nice bloke too who wouldn’t moan about having to put his hands together for 60 seconds at a football match.
    The lad has my respect mate and I shall be joining in the applause . I can't believe some on here . Just don't post , just don't .

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    The lad has my respect mate and I shall be joining in the applause . I can't believe some on here . Just don't post , just don't .
    This, jeez, you have to be a mean minded s.o.a.b not to give up 30 secs of your time to show some respect to some poor lad who's been taken away from this life, prematurely.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast