+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 0/T Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz Jr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

0/T Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz Jr

To all the boxing fans on here and I know Scum is one of them....

Joshua's US bow on 1 June sees him face America-born Andy Ruiz Jr at New York's Madison Square Garden.

The contest, for the IBF, WBA and WBO world titles, will take place at around 03:00 BST on Sunday, 2 June.

Joshua's bout will be one of three commentaries on BBC Radio 5 Live, following Callum Smith's defence of his WBA world super-middleweight title against Hassan N'Dam and Katie Taylor's lightweight showdown with Delphine Persoon, where all four women's world titles are on the line.

3.00am!, who on here is staying up to watch this one? I just might about make it if I have 40 winks waiting for the fight to start. It's seems to be an age since AJ was last in the ring. Why do I feel there's going to be a god Almighty upset on the cards? IF Ruiz Jr wins, then at least there will be a rematch pencilled in as part of the initial fight being staged.

The fact that Jarell Miller saw it fit to try and cheat with 'adverse findings' in his urine test says it all in boxing, in that fighters will still risk all and sundry to get to that elusive pay day.

If you ever get the opportunity, try to read Mike Tyson's life story. In it he openly explains 'how high as a kite' he was on cocaine before he stepped into the ring for most of his fights. There's no wonder he showed so much aggression, however, you have to ask who pissed in his pot for a urine test. It's all history now so he can't be charged for anything.

You have to admire the likes of Joshua and others who remain squeaky clean in what is a very demanding brutal sport.

Of course I want Joshua to win so Deyontay Wilder can't always keep hiding/ducking and diving him. As for Tyson Fury, another drug cheat who did a runner rather than been caught full of coke, he's just another waiting for the big pay day with Joshua. Think that is one fight we ALL would like to see come off. Would love to AJ knock him clean out to shut him up once and for all.

This Sunday morning coming, Joshua inside 5 rounds, however, I'll have that upset bid on the side just in case!
    Last edited by Brin; 28-05-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Joshua in 4 rounds for me Brin.
    I will be staying up to watch it.
    I read Mike Tyson’s book a very good read.
    Sugar Ray Leonard was and still is the best I’ve seen.
    I loved him in the contender series.
    He picked up the skipping rope put the young uns to shame.
    What a legend.

Yes the Contender show. Leonard was awesome but, I really liked it when Stallone first kicked it off a few years ago. On it was a promising young fighter who, was a manic depressive and during the programme sadly took his own life. Nothing was made of it other than on closing credits you could see his gloves hung on a peg.

I liked it when 'the Snake' won it, he thoroughly deserved it tbh. Even the good lady watched every programme on it and she too enjoyed it.

Remember that Brin.
    Wasn’t Paul Smith from Liverpool on it?
    Think he got whipped tbh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Remember that Brin.
    Wasn’t Paul Smith from Liverpool on it?
    Think he got whipped tbh?
    Yes he was and looked way out of his depth, not sure if it was the first series though.
    Going back to Tyson, how many times did he quote, 'I was carrying a block everywhere I went'.......reckons he spent over 100 million dollars on it! Unbelievable sums if true.

At one point he forgot about a holdall containing $1 million in cash, and on another occasion gave a hefty payout to a woman who unsuccessfully sued him after being bitten by his pet tiger. “I felt bad, so I gave her $250,000,” he said.

This is an extract from his story.
    Staggering

Ruiz will be out of there at the first whiff of Joshuas leather

Joshua will have too much for Ruiz Brin.
    Don’t think it will go past 5 rounds tbh.

Marvin Hagler was the greatest imo.
    Marvellous Marvin just brilliant.

Pocket is too modest to say but he was a cracking prospect when he was younger remember watching him representing Yorkshire.
    Would struggle to finish 3 rounds now though😎
    Although a few muppet Leeds fans who abused his son probably appreciated his talent that day even though he didn’t enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Joshua will have too much for Ruiz Brin.
    Don’t think it will go past 5 rounds tbh.

Marvin Hagler was the greatest imo.
    Marvellous Marvin just brilliant.

Pocket is too modest to say but he was a cracking prospect when he was younger remember watching him representing Yorkshire.
    Would struggle to finish 3 rounds now though��
    Although a few muppet Leeds fans who abused his son probably appreciated his talent that day even though he didn’t enjoy it.
    Sounds like Pocket stood his ground....

manfredo jr was one of the finalists think that was in season 1. thought he was going to win it but lost the final
    he went on to fight joe calzhaghe and got a pasting. stand out fighter from the early seasons imo

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast