+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Anyone Booked Holidays for 2021 Abroad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T Anyone Booked Holidays for 2021 Abroad

We were lucky to get 2 holidays abroad last year, with also 2 holidays cancelled.
    We used the same hotel both times, with which the hotel & resort, were on the mark with social distancing etc.

I did book for May 2021 for 3 weeks in the same hotel, with Tui holidays, but Tui announced that any holidays, due before 17th May, could change their bookings for free.
    So today I got in touch with Tui, I phoned them on my mobile, left on speaker, while also checking on a laptop, I was able to change my holiday on the laptop, when my mobile was answered, so I spoke to the lady, saying I had changed my booking, she said let me check it.
    I had changed my holiday to 4 weeks, for May 2022, with more money to pay, ( already paid in full for May 2021 ), but the lady said, I will do you a special deal, she gave me the 4 weeks holiday, with no extra charge, plus I got extra luggage allowance for free.
    Plus I got the same for our 4 friends, so four weeks holiday for the price of three, plus given some extra luggage allowance.
    So if you have holidays booked with Tui, don't change the holiday online, instead wait on the phone, you might get lucky.

Just changed mine 10 mins ago EL, wish I had read MM earlier

Not abroad no but hotels in this country don't open until at least May 17 either.

just been on news . that travel expert

D.i y. holidays a no no
    package holidays , gold.
    dearer but money back if it goes tits up.

Sweating on a booking from ages ago to Lanzarote in June day after England v Sri Lanka at Ageas Bowl I’ve got tickets for. Can get refund on all if not allowed to travel. Flights are Avios points.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Sweating on a booking from ages ago to Lanzarote in June day after England v Sri Lanka at Ageas Bowl I’ve got tickets for. Can get refund on all if not allowed to travel. Flights are Avios points.
    Cancelled and now Malta in October

What about travel insurance that includes covid cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What about travel insurance that includes covid cover?
    You don’t need any COVID cover for Tui ?they were covering it ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    You don’t need any COVID cover for Tui ?they were covering it ?
    I was just going to put this on Millerstale

My annual insurance runs out in March 2021, before I travelled twice last year, I asked the travel insurance firm if i was covered for covid, they said yes, because I had bought my insurance, before the insurers acted on covid insurance.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast