+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Kane overtake Big Al's goalscoring record?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Will Kane overtake Big Al's goalscoring record?

Shearer: 260 goals
    Kane: 176 goals

It's a no from me, but if he does, good on him and I'm sure Alan would be the first to congratulate him.

Kane's 28 now and is quite injury prone - he plays in a decent team but no better than decent. It would take quite an effort to get him to 260 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Shearer: 260 goals
    Kane: 176 goals

It's a no from me, but if he does, good on him and I'm sure Alan would be the first to congratulate him.

Kane's 28 now and is quite injury prone - he plays in a decent team but no better than decent. It would take quite an effort to get him to 260 in my opinion.
    I think he might go to a continental club to get the most from his last contract (financial jackpot for Spuds too). That would be his pension for life.

If we signed him in the summer and he went on the break Al's record i wouldn't mind as much

I think he will... but they never seem to mention that shearers first 3 or 4 seasons were PRE premier league also he must've lost around 3 yrs to serious injuries. On top of that, 4 or 5 of his yrs at Newcastle, were in a pi55 poor team.

Shearer was a far vetter centre forward than kane is

He could score 300 but never be as good as Shearer. I’m not being biased and Kane is a very good player but Shearer is a great.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    He could score 300 but never be as good as Shearer. I’m not being biased and Kane is a very good player but Shearer is a great.
    Spot on TT and I would imagine most neutrals would agree.

Grievesy was unreal .69 goals a game 😲

Incredible - the documentary on BT Sport about him is well worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Incredible - the documentary on BT Sport about him is well worth watching.
    I'll check it out!

On Kane, it really depends on two things:

1 - if he stays fit or not
    2 - if Conte stays @ Spurs, because Kane will leave if Conte walks

that's my 5 bobs wuth anyhow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)