+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings vs Tranny

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Match Ratings vs Tranny

I'll give this a go guys and gals

Stone... 7 very little to do until the last 10 minutes...kicking and handling pretty good
    Rawlinson..7.5.. Controlled display, never under any pressure and nicked a good goal, hooked on 67mins
    Brindley.. 8.. Very good at the back today, lots of little bursts out of defense and linked play well
    Cameron..7.. Still give me the chills at times, caught out for the goal but played ok
    Nemane.. 6.5.. So frustrating...opening 20 minutes was unreal and then decided to keep passing backwards...he has more to offer I'm sure
    Palmer..8.. Linked play so well, always available for a pass, great display as usual
    Bostock..9.5.. Best player on the field by a million miles, such brilliant ability and ran around tirelessly...outstanding... MOTM easily
    Jones..7.5.. some lovely crosses into the area and was at the center of most of the good stuff, looked tired at the end
    Crowley..7.5.. great ability on show, can find pockets of space anywhere, drifted out of the game until subbed
    Langstaff..7.5.. For running alone he deserves his mark, never gave them a minutes peace...shocking miss in the first half though
    McGoldrick..8.. I thought he was great today, brilliant goal and stuck the post and bar... put in a hell of a shift.

Subs
    Baldwin.. 6.. done what he was put on for, nothing crazy or brilliant
    O Brien... 6.. same as above really, tried to find a few killer passes
    Austin... 6.. Didn't do much of note but defended well when they had their tails up at the end
    Scott.. 1.. Oh dear..lasted no length and his injury almost changed the course of the game... hope its not a bad one

All in all it was a very well deserved win... for 80 minutes it was almost 1 way traffic... but for some truly awful finishing we would of hit them for 5 or 6, it got very hairy by the end but we managed to grab the 3 points which is the major thing... on to the next game now

Stone - No chance with their goal, some good catches and kicking….only one moment of confusion late on but overall decent I felt - 7

Rawlo - One of his best games for Notts. Strong up against their attacker and gave nothing away. Better with the ball than previously and grabbed the winning goal to boot - 8

Brindley - Really composed and brought the ball out well. Once or twice his positioning was a little off but I’m splitting hairs…I do worry he’ll be out muscled a bit in that position but today he was very good 7.5

Cameron - Much better overall but he was caught out for their goal and still feels the need to embarrass himself by falling over when breathed on in dangerous positions. Saw him get further up the pitch and getting involved like we’re used to seeing him - 7

Nemane - Think the op is a bit harsh on him. I thought he did really well and was a constant menace. Final delivery wasn’t great but I bet the LB was relieved to see him go off. Linked up with Crowley well - 7.5

Palmer - Fantastic. Just a pleasure to watch him play. Typical Matty Palmer display. I’m obviously a fan boy but he’s my favourite player and would have got MOTM if it wasn’t for a freak of a performance by John Bostock - 8

Bostock - On another level to everyone else on the pitch. His passing, positioning, vision, control, execution was sublime….I can’t give him a 10 because he didn’t score or assist (is that fair?). Don’t think I’ve ever given anyone a ten….think this is the first time I’ve ever given anyone a 9 actually. Fantastic performance, I hope we see more of this! - 9

Jones - So good to have dangerous threats on. sides of the pitch. Four or five beautiful crosses into the box and a nuisance throughout. He has really come on since last season….one of my faves! - 8

Macca - Worked his socks off as always but couldn’t convert any of his chances. His time will come, obviously - 7

Didzy - Wonderfully taken goal and was involved much than previous games. Unlucky not to have had one or two more! - 8

Crowley - Really good in possession but I’m not totally impressed as others are. Lots of style but not much substance for me - so far anyway. Tidy performance. The fact I almost forgot to do his ratings shows how I feel atm! - 7

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Stone - No chance with their goal, some good catches and kicking….only one moment of confusion late on but overall decent I felt - 7

Rawlo - One of his best games for Notts. Strong up against their attacker and gave nothing away. Better with the ball than previously and grabbed the winning goal to boot - 8

Brindley - Really composed and brought the ball out well. Once or twice his positioning was a little off but I’m splitting hairs…I do worry he’ll be out muscled a bit in that position but today he was very good 7.5

Cameron - Much better overall but he was caught out for their goal and still feels the need to embarrass himself by falling over when breathed on in dangerous positions. Saw him get further up the pitch and getting involved like we’re used to seeing him - 7

Nemane - Think the op is a bit harsh on him. I thought he did really well and was a constant menace. Final delivery wasn’t great but I bet the LB was relieved to see him go off. Linked up with Crowley well - 7.5

Palmer - Fantastic. Just a pleasure to watch him play. Typical Matty Palmer display. I’m obviously a fan boy but he’s my favourite player and would have got MOTM if it wasn’t for a freak of a performance by John Bostock - 8

Bostock - On another level to everyone else on the pitch. His passing, positioning, vision, control, execution was sublime….I can’t give him a 10 because he didn’t score or assist (is that fair?). Don’t think I’ve ever given anyone a ten….think this is the first time I’ve ever given anyone a 9 actually. Fantastic performance, I hope we see more of this! - 9

Jones - So good to have dangerous threats on. sides of the pitch. Four or five beautiful crosses into the box and a nuisance throughout. He has really come on since last season….one of my faves! - 8

Macca - Worked his socks off as always but couldn’t convert any of his chances. His time will come, obviously - 7

Didzy - Wonderfully taken goal and was involved much than previous games. Unlucky not to have had one or two more! - 8

Crowley - Really good in possession but I’m not totally impressed as others are. Lots of style but not much substance for me - so far anyway. Tidy performance. The fact I almost forgot to do his ratings shows how I feel atm! - 7
    Not much substance from Crowley?

Didn't he assist the first and played Palmer in to set up Rawlinson for the 2nd?

Assisted Lanagstaff second against Doncaster.

Scored the winner against Grimsby.

Incredibly harsh comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Not much substance from Crowley?

Didn't he assist the first and played Palmer in to set up Rawlinson for the 2nd?

Assisted Lanagstaff second against Doncaster.

Scored the winner against Grimsby.

Incredibly harsh comment.
    He hangs onto the ball too long admiring his own footwork too much for me at the minute. He did score the winner against Grimsby, fair play….I think Austin supplied the 2nd Macca goal v Doncaster though?…..and he assisted the assister for todays second goal 😂 Who assisted the assister who assisted the 2nd goal?! How far back do you want to go?!

Early days, and he is clearly a very technically gifted player and will hopefully splatter egg on my face…..but give me Ruben any day, he could see the pass way before it presented itself, it’s like Crowley can see it but keeps the ball anyway and does some cool twisty turning stuff instead.

Stone - I thought his distribution was slightly underpar for him today. A couple of times when he could have run down the clock a bit more after Scott went off, he chose to kick it long and give Tranny possession, and a couple of not as good as usual long passes during the game. A little bit a victim of his own successes over the last few games so not really moaning. I thought we saw a bit more of his shot stopping and area commanding ability, and he's really starting to look like an excellent signing.

Crowley - kind of agree with TSANHO in that DC had some exquisite moments in the first half - those reverse passes to Nemane are top drawer - and his skill on the ball is undeniable - however, given the levelsl that Notts are hitting right now, he could maybe be more involved. Probably a lttle harsh on him. Like his play a lot.

McGoldrick - yes, far more involved today. Not just for the goal, post and crossbar, but linked up really nicely often. I like that he's often involved defensively too.

Macca - just love his work rate. He brings so much to the team and often defends from the front really well. Should have maybe scored twice, which will probably disappoint him, but he's an essential part of this team's quality even when he's not scoring.

Sir John Bostock - just a monster today!

eta: I've been critical of Notts defence, but we were very solid today and gave them very little until we were a man down. Brindley looked assured, I think he's learning a lot from Sir John B. Cam was very good first half and got a bit messy second, but all good.
    Last edited by Mud Pie; 26-08-2023 at 07:30 PM.

Stone 7 - difficult to rate because he didn't have a serious save to make, but did what he had to do well.
    Rawlinson 7 - looks good on the right side of a back 3, great to see him score the winner.
    Brindley 7 - switching him to the centre was an inspired move, he looks so much better.
    Cameron 7.5 - impressive today both defending and going forward.
    Nemane 7 - scared them in the first half, but a bit mixed in the second.
    Palmer 7 - does what Palmer does. Always available and keeps us moving.
    Bostock 9* - A majestic display. Didn't waste a pass and won the ball back regularly. Today Bostock looked like a Premiership player dropped into a League 2 match. Head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch, a travesty he didn't get MOM.
    Jones 7.5 - classy, provided some quality crosses that deserved a better end product.
    Crowley 7 - always composed on the ball, some good creative moments.
    Langstaff 7 - everything but a goal, and he should probably have had a couple. He was still in the right place and his work ethic can't be faulted.
    McGoldrick 7.5 - showed more of what he offers. Great finish for our first and could have had more.

Subs 6.5 - all did their job. Hope Scott's injury is a minor one.

An impressive performance today, the scoreline really didn't do us justice. Another brilliant attendance, the thought of us getting over 10,000 for a home game against Tranmere would have been unthinkable last time we were here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stone 7 - difficult to rate because he didn't have a serious save to make, but did what he had to do well.
    Rawlinson 7 - looks good on the right side of a back 3, great to see him score the winner.
    Brindley 7 - switching him to the centre was an inspired move, he looks so much better.
    Cameron 7.5 - impressive today both defending and going forward.
    Nemane 7 - scared them in the first half, but a bit mixed in the second.
    Palmer 7 - does what Palmer does. Always available and keeps us moving.
    Bostock 9* - A majestic display. Didn't waste a pass and won the ball back regularly. Today Bostock looked like a Premiership player dropped into a League 2 match. Head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch, a travesty he didn't get MOM.
    Jones 7.5 - classy, provided some quality crosses that deserved a better end product.
    Crowley 7 - always composed on the ball, some good creative moments.
    Langstaff 7 - everything but a goal, and he should probably have had a couple. He was still in the right place and his work ethic can't be faulted.
    McGoldrick 7.5 - showed more of what he offers. Great finish for our first and could have had more.

Subs 6.5 - all did their job. Hope Scott's injury is a minor one.

An impressive performance today, the scoreline really didn't do us justice. Another brilliant attendance, the thought of us getting over 10,000 for a home game against Tranmere would have been unthinkable last time we were here.
    Think the comments and scores here are generally bang on, particularly the analysis for Bostock. Early days but surely there’s no-one in this league with a midfield pairing anywhere near as good as him and Palmer.

Only thing I’d mention in addition to what’s said above is Stone did make one outstanding save; he got a fingertip to their shot that hit the bar, it was in otherwise.

And I thought Langstaff is getting involved more in the overall play this year and has got more to his game than he’s always able to show in the poacher role. Showed his pace and skill to take us up the pitch a couple of times after we went down to 10.

Overall, it already feels a long time since some fans were deriding a lot of the squad and wanting to rip up the whole playing style because of a disappointing opening day loss and a cup defeat to a very strong L1 side.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Only thing I’d mention in addition to what’s said above is Stone did make one outstanding save; he got a fingertip to their shot that hit the bar, it was in otherwise.
    Yep, I didn't realise he got a touch until watching the highlights.

Tshano’s are bang on for me, other than Crowley, who’s an upgrade on Ruben I think.

You’d have to go a long way to think of a better midfield performance from a Notts player than John Bostock’s today.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You’d have to go a long way to think of a better midfield performance from a Notts player than John Bostock’s today.
    I remember a MOM decision many years ago that was met with bewildered laughter and people holding their glasses up to the sponsors because the player (can't remember who or when) had been utter garbage. Today was almost the same but in reverse. McGoldrick had a good game, but how anyone could pick anyone but John Bostock is a mystery to me. He was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast