Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
No one, least of all me, is disputing that Clough did a decent job of stabilising Derby. That though is not the point. The football was dull, and the ambition totally limited. There was no expectation, he's not good at man management and to suggest, as you did, that we were dross free under Clough is complete nonsense as the examples I've provided prove.

Neither am I disputing that we have wasted money recently. We've had a much bigger budget since Mel took over and too many expensive signings haven't come off. Under Clough the budget was much smaller and tbf, he (or his brother) identified some good signings, but surely wasting £1.5m (Sammon and Maguire) out of a hypothetical £6m budget is much the same as wasting £10m (Vydra and Blackman) out of a £40m budget.
At the end of the day, would you want Clough back at Derby? I certainly wouldn't and I doubt many Sheffield Utd fans would have him back there either.
Both clubs are water under the bridge run by billionaires,one a total failure his club been in div1 for 6 seasons under 7 managers.
The other guided by a C-E-O who talks a good talk if you are gullible,about football --i-e look son 30-million will get you 160-million from the premiership ,Point is has our owner learnt a lesson time will tell,according to some he has spent over 150 million on Derby so far,out of a estimated 500-million,So we might make it yet ,The way you work your budgets out,shows you have no concept of economics. You dont get it do you,SheffUtd fans did remove Clough--And Derby fans did not remove Clough.
And it is a undisputed fact both clubs,Where in better shape,than when he arrived