I think his achievements at Valencia and Liverpool are being vastly underrated tbh.

Mourinho and Guardiola managed it in Spain with endless budgets and stupid amounts of talent on tap. I think you're actually describing those 2 when you talk about walking into successful teams and spending money tbh, I guarantee Benitez's net spend will be a lot lower than theirs and his record stands up respectably against arguably 2 of the best managers in the world, he's not doing bad then...

Winning the league in Spain was an incredible achievement and his tactics played a massive part in that, in a sense he was a pioneer at the time with his formation and style that triumphed over the big 2 and in the process he out-thought his rivals with his footballing brain ... That should not be under-estimated neither.

Clearly a man who knows his **** and has the credentials and resume to prove it, if people actually cared to base their opinion on facts and looked into the mans career before making delusional and/or inaccurate statements.

I've actually had the same opinion of him at times- his boring style, the fact he needs to spend money and has had big jobs... but when you actually delve deeper and consider the way he's built teams, his ethos and how they've brought success then it certainly makes you look at the man in a differently light and that has nothing to do with the fact that he now manages us, its purely down to looking deeper into his career instead of using CONTRIVED "facts" and claims to paint the picture.