Rafa's purchases have added quantity but not quality to the squad with the result that we have a squad of mediocrities so team selection doesn't matter. It doesn't matter which eleven players start the game because the whole squad is at the same level. I know he hasn't had a fortune to spend but in my view he should have bought fewer, better players. One purchase in particular, Joselu, has been a disaster because not only is he useless but he's kept better strikers out of the team. I know he scored against Leicester but anyone could have scored that goal. He'll never score the goal that Mahrez scored nor even the goals Gayle scores. If Rafa's transfer budget is, as reported, about £20m this won't make a blind bit of difference even with loan arrangements. If there were £50m to spend, which is unlikely, you'd get a new keeper, for say £10m and two outfield players for £20m each, and even £20m is not a lot at today's prices. So I repeat, in the last transfer window we should have bought perhaps only 2 players which were a real step up in quality. The wage bill would have probably been the same as that for 5 mediocre players. I fear that anything less than £50m will be a waste of time and I'm afraid I don't hold out much hope of Rafa getting more out of the existing squad so it will save a lot of his time if he simply records a short speech to be played after each game to the effect: 'We started well but then we made mistakes. In the Premier League you can't afford to make these mistakes. But we must work hard and stick together so that things will improve.' I'm afraid that working hard and sticking together isn't enough.