Went to the game yesterday with a Brentford supporter. For 70 minutes I watched a BFC team that had very little intention of attacking with any belief or commitment. I saw a team that got 10 men behind the ball and invited Brentford on.
A number of things worried me:
1. Lack of consistent closing down, especially as we were inviting on.
2. Inability to keep possession
3. Lack of movement and creativity
4. Way too much hit and hope to comparatively short forwards
5. Why does no one want the ball from a throw in? Too static. Yiadom booked for time wasting but it was because he was trying to find someone on his team who was prepared to move into space for a throw! This is nuts.
6. George Moncur going through the motions
7. Davies kicking long most of the time. The the one time he threw out intelligently to Barnes, the lad went on a run at pace cutting through the defence only for a final touch to let him down. Kicking long was usually pointless.
A few things pleased me:
1. Lindsay was immense at the back - just needs to stop hitting long all the time when playing out
2. Davies had a decent game
3. Last 20 mins we almost started to play football and believe we could nick it.

My lasting thought is that we are toothless at the moment. On this showing, Thiam is not the answer and neither is Bradshaw if we're going to keep playing this way.

A disappointing game for me but with a luckily acceptable outcome.