+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The guardian articles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The guardian articles

Every time he writes about the Bennell case I always find myself thinking the same few things.

1. Our public relations department (if we have one) is awful

2.If we did know and didn't take appropriate action to stop it we deserve to be sued, those people who weren't protected and could have been deserve to be heard.

3. There obviously does need to be an investigation into that time, but one conversation an ex board member remembers is not proof that the board or Gradi knew anything. Everything else is circumstantial and as an investigation piece reads like there's not much proof there was knowledge. It seems a bit like someone saying "but they must have known" rather than proof.

4. It seems unbalanced and written in the context of now when everyone knows what a monster he is. I don't know how I'd react if someone I knew well was accused of something but I do know that once I knew if they were guilty I could tell you how I should have reacted.

5. I don't get why Man City aren't as much the focus as we are. They are accused of a cover up and having the knowledge as well as not passing it on to Crewe. There also seems to be accusations that his abuse may have been connected to suicides. I'd normally say that our poor handling of the media and silence is to blame but City don't seem to be talking too much either.
    It's important to remember that the guilt or innocence of City has no real bearing on ours, but it does seem that this journalist is being a bit cowardly and going after the team without the huge media and law machine backing. It's a shame really as those victims from City must feel fairly brushed under the carpet by this reporting.
    Last edited by thnhouse; 25-02-2018 at 11:34 AM.