Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
I don't think "sensible approach" and "splash the cash" are compatible. We don't have to throw money everywhere just because we have it, rather, spend it when neccessary to fill the gaps. A player's value (squad and importance wise) isn't determined by how much we pay for him.

I still believe that last summer we signed a few excellent players on paper but they aren't working out for some reason. Either because of the surroundings, tactics, whatever else. I had no doubts that Lasogga on his day is a lot better than Wood.

I think the only genuine mistake we have made was appointing Heckingbottom. No disrespect to the man, he is a part of Leeds now thus I support him till the very end but what the F? He is nowhere near good enough and I still have no idea what made Radrizzani think that he is the perfect man for the job. I can't see us progressing with him but I sure hope he proves me wrong.
The "excellent players" being restricted to Saiz...........errrrrrr, that's it folks.

Forshaw wasn't a summer signing and I suspect the penny had dropped by the January transfer window that the "strategy" wasn't working.