+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loyalty points and AberDNA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Loyalty points and AberDNA

In the mid 80s I worked in the middle east for a few years. One of the things that surprised me was how much Palistinian kids revered Adolf Hitler - mainly because he wanted to dump the jews. I decided not to offer my opinion that after the final solution, Adolf would have been looking at other races who could pollute his master race.

I was reminded of this as, over the past few years, I've railed against the rantings of Mason 89. He doesn't like the loyalty points system. He's a dick thinks I. It's just a buy-me-tickets system where rich people are able to buy tickets. Total prat thinks I. However......

The loyalty point system was brought in so that fans who attend matches got priority when tickets were being allocated for high demand games. Great. Cannae beat it. However ......

The recent AberDNA has caused me to reconsider.

AberDNA ers will get 40 points for signing up AND if they also have a season ticket they will get 40 points for the Season tcket AND an extra 20 points for having both. A total of 100 points per season. So ....

If I renew my season ticket at for next season, I'll get 40 points. Forgetting cup games to simplify things, I'll get 19 points if I attend every away match next season. If I renew for 2010-20 I'll get another 40 points. A total of 99.

If I am an AberNDA season ticket holder I'll get (in 2018-19) 40 points for the ST, 40 points for the DNA plus 20 points bonus = 100. I'll get the same at the start of 2019-20. So- without attending an away game - the DNA lad will have 200 (effen) points compared to my 99.

If the first game of the new season is against the Huns or the Dhims or Hibs or Hertz, there'll be at least 1000 AberDNAs ahead of me in the queue for tickets despite me not missing a game the previous season.

Loyalty points?

Mason89 is a visionary.
    Last edited by cougared; 12-04-2018 at 08:34 PM.