Firstly can I thank you for taking time out of your celebrations to come to speak to us. We are aware you’re the mighty Coventry and we little old Notts County so all advice is most appreciated on how we can improve as a club and as people. As you may have noticed our style is akin to the old Wimbledon school of football whereas yours is more like the Dutch 1970’s style which left me breathless. Please anything you can do to make us more like Coventry then let us know, we are in awe of your city, your people and your football team.

Secondly and with a heavy heart I unfortunately I have to also apologise for making you look up in the air so much, it must have hurt your necks, we too have been regular clients at the doctors due to a condition called Nolans Neck. I also apologise that we have to play this way due to nearly being relegated last year, having an average squad and having methuselah and his older brother upfront. Still we seem to be leading the league for a lot of it and still finished above you although this must have been because you weren’t trying, of course if you were, your swashbuckling style would have seen Pep looking on with envy.

Thirdly can I apologise for the officiating over both legs. The way you’d have won the first leg away if not for the worst decision since Captain Smith said fire up all the engines must have been galling to take. Then in the second leg, just when you had all the momentum, had the crowd behind you, our fans had shut up, you got a perfectly good goal to level up the tie disallowed for offside!! I can only apologise as if not for those decisions then you’d have won as the momentum in both games was completely switched due to terrible officials unable to do their job. Hang on a minute…………………

In summation I can only be glad that we won’t embarrass League One whereas once you hit the green stuff, I know the plaudits from up and down the country will be lapping it up. Of course you’ll keep McNulty and Bayliss and win League One, don’t listen to anyone who says otherwise, we all know who the real football powerhouse is in this country is – YOU.

Thanks again Coventry for allowing us to play you, we’ll just go back to being little old Notts but they’ll be a day I get all misty eyed telling my kids that once I saw the great Coventry City play, even thinking about it now sends shivers down my spine. Please feel free to come and gloat, sorry not gloat of course you wouldn’t do that as only complete sad tw@ts would be on another teams messageboard acting all high and mighty when they support Coventry, anytime you like. You are always welcome.

COVENTRY WE SALUTE YOU.