Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
I`m sorry but can`t agree with that. If Naysmith picks Semple ahead of Maguire then it doesn`t automatically means he rates Semple more highly but might just want to give Maguire some more training time to get up to speed with his new team mates. Naysmith has already stated that he tried previously to get Maguire so he clearly rates him. If he views Maguire as being as good as Semple (perhaps even better) and that frees up budget to strengthen elsehwere then surely that`s a plus. Don`t get me wrong I rate Semple and i would have kept him on but let`s wait and see what happens. As you say good luck to Semple if he moves on. Maybe he wants to go back to Sheffield, who knows.
Naismith clearly stated when signing Semple he wanted a left footed CB in the back

Make no mistake that if Semple was available and came in on budget we would not be replacing a CB with another one who “ needs time to fit in”

I also have a feeling Brownlie is not too far off from coming back.

It all sits very well with me that Semple came up to get game time and Queens now have a strong relationship with an English Championship team who are pushing for the Premier League.