Quote Originally Posted by Apotheosis View Post
As a suffering Chesterfield supporter, I’ll be honest with you and say the National league isn’t an easy league to get out of. You need to put every effort into staying up as the reality of Non league will soon hit hard if you do fall through the trap door. Alot of the teams in this league are well funded and all of them are difficult to beat. You will come up against some part time teams, but there is nothing amateur about their physicality, work ethic and organisation.

After overcoming the pain of relegation, you will start to feel optimistic about seeing new teams and visiting new grounds. Arrogantly, you'll think you are a big fish in a little pond, but it will soon become apparent that you are just the same as the rest (tin pot). I thought it couldn’t get much worse than getting relegated but losing easily at home to the likes of Maidstone and Gateshead and getting truly thrashed by Solihull Moors (4-0) is about as bad as it gets.

Oh and the standard of refereeing is truly abysmal.
It’s an interesting point about visiting new grounds and seeing new teams but I don’t think that there would be all that much of this if Notts were relegated.

I reckon that the only National League teams that Notts haven’t played in a competitive match since 1970 are AFC Fylde, Braintree, Bromley, Dover, Eastleigh, Harrogate, Maidenhead and Solihull. Of these 8, 4 are in the promotion race and 3 are in the relegation struggle at present.